ABTA’s second annual International Health and Safety Conference brings together tour operators, hotels and accommodation providers plus transport and excursion suppliers to discuss how to improve health and safety standards in the tourism and accommodation sector.
For travellers, health and safety is a top priority and views are changing. The travel and tourism industry must work collaboratively to drive change and improvement in tourism accommodation and the wider supply chain. Attend this annual conference to get guidance on how to meet your obligations as a provider and tackle new threats. Network with ABTA Members, hoteliers and accommodation providers from across the world.
- Approaches to risk management
- The importance of driving change and improvement and how the industry can do this collaboratively
- Understanding your legal responsibilities including your liabilities under the Package Travel Regulations 2018
- Managing your reputation during and after an incident
- Identifying and tackling health and safety risks in your accommodation portfolio
- Moderator: Nikki White, Director of Destinations and Sustainability, ABTA
- Lydia Strachan, Head, Consular Communications and Prevention, Consular Directorate, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Gemma Buckland-Merrett, Epidemiologist, Travel Health Surveillance, Public Health England
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager, Health Safety Crisis and Operations, ABTA
- Dr Esteban Delgado, Chairman and Technical Director, Preverisk
- Dr Belinda Stuart-Moonlight, Managing Director, Moonlight Environmental Ltd
- Dr Lisa Indar, Head, Tourism and Health Programme and Foodborne Diseases, Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- Sue Bradley, Head of Overseas Health and Safety and Customer Welfare, TUI
- Peter Vella, Director UK & Ireland, Malta Tourist Authority
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Jordi Abelli, Operations Director, MedPlaya Hotels
- Jan Guile, Sales and Marketing Manager, MedPlaya Hotels
- Debbie Hindle, Managing Director, Four Travel
- Chris Jones, Technical Safety Manager, CORGI Technical Services Limited
- Barry Hilton, Head of Specialist Services, Tetra Consulting Limited
- Terry Auld, Consultant, Preverisk
- Participate in speciﬁc break out sessions covering key issues – fuel and energy, ﬁre safety, food hygiene and legionella
- Identify and tackle health and safety risks in your accommodation portfolio
- Gain clarity on your legal responsibilities including Package Travel Regulations and local regulations
- An update on reputation and crisis management – what to do if an incident occurs
- Benchmark your organisation against others in the industry - ensure you are doing enough to keep your customers safe
- Network with ABTA Members, tour operators, international hoteliers, suppliers and other industry colleagues.
This event is ideal for international tour operators, hoteliers and accommodation providers, destination management companies, tourist boards and tourism development agencies from the UK and around the world.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner/ABTA Supplier * rate - £229 plus VAT
Non-Member – £349 plus VAT
* If you work for an ABTA Member or Partner or have an application in progress, you will benefit from the discounted Member rate.
Suppliers such as hotels, accommodation providers and DMCs who work with ABTA Members also receive the reduced Member rate. When you register, please give the name of the ABTA Member that you work with.
Group booking discounts:
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Preverisk provides a wide variety of consultancy services to the travel and tourism sector.
We are experts in the provision of Health & Safety services to tour operators, OTAs, bed banks and DMCs, and carry out 25,000 Health & Safety Questionnaires (HSQs) each year worldwide. Our innovative audit and analytics technology, App4Check, supports us and is one of the leading tools of its type in the world (www.app4check.com).
Our strong background in public health and tourism has allowed us to further specialise in Safety Management Systems, physical audits and training programmes. We carry out 7,000 physical audits and train over 35,000 staff members each year.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities click here.