ABTA’s Delivering Sustainable Travel conference returns for 2022. This hybrid event is designed for travel and tourism providers based in the UK or overseas, who are committed to making travel more sustainable. Attend in person in central London or participate online via a custom built platform.
The conference will provide travel businesses of all sizes with practical advice on how take action to deliver sustainable practices across your organisation. Travel agents, tour operators and wider industry are welcome to attend.
While sustainability has been on the agenda for many travel businesses for quite some time, with Governments and customers demanding more sustainable practices, now is the time to take action. As we move beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, ensure that you are putting steps in place to ensure that your recovery and growth is sustainable and positively contributes to communities, natural ecosystems, and cultural heritage across the globe.
Following COP26 in Glasgow and in line with ABTA’s continued Tourism for Good initiative this major conference will take a very practical look at how we can use tourism as a force for good to deliver growth within environmental limits and what practical steps you can take internally, with your suppliers and with your customers.
Attend to receive practical guidance on how to engage and communicate effectively with your customers and staff on sustainability through your marketing, product and customer service strategies. Learn how tour operators and agents can work together to set best practices for training staff and meeting customer demands.
Understand what you can be doing to reduce carbon emissions – learn how to measure your carbon footprint and set reduction targets.
Explore how to tackle sustainability internally and get buy in from stakeholders and senior leadership. Gain insight into how future investors view travel businesses who can demonstrate sustainable values. Discuss how to set roles and responsibilities internally and what skillsets are needed to tackle responsible travel goals.
Get guidance from ABTA on the tools available to Members and wider industry. Hear from sustainability experts and industry representatives on how they are approaching sustainability across their businesses.
- The bigger picture – a status update on sustainability in travel and tourism, in the UK and globally
- A framework for action – Tourism for Good, the latest tools and advice from ABTA
- Drivers for sustainability – investors, legislation, customers, staff and media
- How to prioritise and action sustainability internally – skills, roles, resources, and getting buy-in
- How to communicate about sustainability to customers via your marketing, product and customer teams
- How tour operators and travel agents can work together to tackle sustainable travel goals
- Industry case studies
- Moderator: Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
- Clare Jenkinson, Head of Sustainability, ABTA
- Dirk Glaesser, Director, Sustainable Development of Tourism, UNWTO
- Andy Jefferson, Programme Director, Sustainable Aviation
- Sara King, General Manager, Purpose, Intrepid Travel
- Linden Coppell, Director of Sustainability, MSC Cruises
- Karen Musgrave, Head of PR & Communications, Barrhead Travel Group
- Tim Johnson, Managing Director, Club Europe
- Carol Savage, Founder & CEO, Not In The Guidebooks
- Kasia Morgan, Head of Sustainability and Community, Exodus Travels
- Rachel O’Reilly, Director of Communications, Kuoni
- Emily Cromwell, Director of Sustainability, Deloitte
- Hugh Felton, Senior Sustainable Tourism Executive, ABTA
- Alistair Pritchard, Lead Partner, Travel & Aviation, Deloitte
- Dr Esteban Delgado, Chairman and Technical Director, Preverisk
- Sarah Wordsworth, Senior Commercial Insight Executive, Global, The Media & Entertainment Group
- Lisa McAuley, Owner, Silver Travel Advisor
- Laia Cases, Technologist in Waste, Energy and Environmental Impact Unit Eurecat, Technological Center of Catalonia
- Carolyn Wincer, Commercial Director, Travelife
- Hear industry case studies from peers on how they are addressing sustainability issues across their businesses
- Hear how to develop a consistent sustainable policy across your business operations, products and suppliers
- Understand where to look for help and practical guidance as you develop and implement your strategy
- Learn how to improve customer and stakeholder communications and appeal to a broader consumer base by promoting your organisation as an ethical business
- Understand the tools and support available from ABTA to help you develop a sustainable business approach
- Network with and discuss commons challenges with industry peers and sustainability experts
This conference is for travel agents, tour operators and the wider travel industry including:
- Directors and senior managers from travel companies of all sizes
- Sustainability and CSR Teams
- Marketing and communications teams
- Product and sales teams
- ABTA Member/Partner rate*: £235+ VAT
- Non Member rate: £355 + VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, post-event networking drinks reception, a certificate of attendance, and access to the virtual platform content on demand including presentation slides, partner materials and conference recordings.
- ABTA Member/Partner rate*: £175 + VAT
- Non Member rate: £299 + VAT
This includes access to the virtual platform on the day, additional interactive expert-led live drop in sessions, a certificate of attendance, and access to the platform content on demand including presentation slides, partner materials, and conference recordings.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Preverisk is the leading provider of Health & Safety solutions to the travel and tourism sector. Our expert consultancy teams support tour operators, OTAs, bed banks and DMCs across the world, carrying out thousands of physical and remote audits each year. We have offices in 4 continents, audit in 9 different languages, and are adept with the assessment of all supplier types (accommodations, transfers and excursions). Preverisk is championing the digital transformation of the Health & Safety sector, supported by industry leading technology across our suite of services – audit, analytics, e-learning, and more. But Preverisk are not just the Health & Safety experts – we are also industry leaders in the areas of Sustainability, Customer Experience, Quality Management, Animal Welfare and many more. We are carrying out our vision of building a better world based on safe, sustainable and positive tourism.
Since the emergence of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Preverisk has partnered with various industry bodies to develop innovative preventative programmes that encourage the recovery of the travel sector. We have collaborated in many projects of reference, from the development of the ABTA 'Post Pandemic Recovery' guide, to accommodation protocols for RIU hotels and many other hotel groups. We were even responsible for Health & Safety for the entire tourism circuit in Cape Verde for the Ministry of Tourism, in addition to auditing projects for the Egyptian Hotel Association and many other challenging initiatives. Get to know us, and see how we can help you!
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. Global is home to national market leading media brands broadcasting across the UK on DAB & FM and worldwide on Global Player which allows listeners to enjoy all of Global’s radio brands, podcasts and playlists, in one place. Global is also a leading Outdoor company in the UK & Europe, with over 235,000 sites reaching 95% of the UK population. Its portfolio encompasses TfL’s Underground network, almost all major UK airports, the UK’s largest portfolio of roadside posters and premium digital screens in prime locations, and the UK’s largest network of buses in all major cities.
On-air, on Global Player and with our outdoor platforms combined, Global reaches 51 million individuals across the UK every week. Global created and operates DAX (Digital Ad Exchange), the market leader in digital audio advertising and a pioneering platform in programmatic outdoor advertising.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.