ABTA’s new two-day Health and Safety Conference will bring together health and safety professionals to discuss emerging issues surrounding health and safety standards and practices in travel and tourism.
The event will combine morning conference sessions and senior level panel discussions with afternoon specialist guidance sessions providing an in-depth look on the principles of risk management, risk appetite and supplier risks.
Now more than ever, health, safety and security is a top priority for many travellers. The travel and tourism industry must work collaboratively to drive change and improve the supply chain, as well as managing the balance between health and safety and COVID-safe protocols.
Hear from ABTA, legal experts, travel businesses, and health and safety specialists on how views on health and safety are changing risk management approaches and supply chain management. Discuss how the industry can tackle emerging issues in destinations, accommodation and products.
Attend to get guidance on how to meet your legal obligations as a travel provider, tackle new threats and manage existing issues. Network with colleagues within the wider travel industry and have your questions answered by expert speakers.
- Emerging health and safety risks and priorities
- Health and safety challenges and how to overcome them
- Updated approaches to risk management and auditing
- Understanding your legal responsibilities and duty of care including your liabilities under the Package Travel Regulations
- Identifying and tackling health, safety and security risks in your supply chain
- Managing the balance between health and safety and COVID-safe protocols
- Day one moderator: Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
- Day two moderator: Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
- Paul Austin, Head of Safety and Risk, TUI Group
- Paul Bennett, Health and Safety Manager, Virgin Holidays
- Callum Irvine, VP Global Safety & Security, IHG Hotels & Resorts
- Dr Hilary Kirkbride, Consultant Epidemiologist and Head, Travel and IHR team, UK Health Security Agency
- Laura Amengual, Health & Safety Quality Audit Manager, Hotelbeds
- Andy Ziardis, Head of Consular Prevention and Engagement Team, FCDO
- Dr Dipti Patel, Director, NaTHNaC
- Jordan Ford, Head, Business Engagement Unit, NaCTSO
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys Law
- James Lawrence, Director, Peregrine Risk Management
- Ertuğrul Aslan, International Commercial Manager, Preverisk
- Terry Auld, Consultant, Preverisk
- Dr Sebastian Crespi, President and Scientific Director, Biolinea
- Jason Burnett, Technical Director, Intertek Cristal
- David Atkin, Managing Director, Sanderson Phillips
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager, ABTA
- Donna Boucher, Senior Destinations Executive – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
Additional speakers will be announced shortly including industry representatives, legal experts, risk management and health and safety specialists.
- Get practical guidance and learn from deep dive sessions into key health and safety concerns.
- Identify and tackle health and safety risks in your product portfolio.
- Gain clarity on your legal responsibilities including Package Travel Regulations and local regulations.
- Take part in practical workshops on accommodation safety and excursion and transport safety.
- Benchmark your organisation against others in the industry - ensure you are doing enough to keep your customers safe.
- Network with ABTA Members, tour operators, suppliers and other industry colleagues.
This conference is aimed at those who are responsible for, and with an interest in, health and safety management from tour operators, travel agencies, airlines, destinations and more, including:
- CEOs and directors
- Health and safety and operational teams
- Destination managers
- Overseas representatives
- Customer service and care teams
- Product and purchasing teams
- Legal teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact email@example.com for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Peregrine Risk Management is a global Risk Management company, experts in Hotel Security, Travel Risk Management, Physical Security, Risk Consultancy, Training, Asset Tracking and Threat and Intelligence. We incorporate the highest level of intelligence and technology in our solutions, alongside thorough planning, experience and integrity.
We help develop hotel security solutions to allow hotels, tour operators, bed banks and other travel related organisations to assess, review and enhance security measures and procedures. Deliver training, audits and consultancy at hotel, group and owner levels enabling organisational resilience, working in partnership with Preverisk.
Preverisk is the leading provider of Health & Safety solutions to the travel and tourism sector. Our expert consultancy teams support tour operators, OTAs, bed banks and DMCs across the world, carrying out thousands of physical and remote audits each year. We have offices in 4 continents, audit in 9 different languages, and are adept with the assessment of all supplier types (accommodations, transfers and excursions). Preverisk is championing the digital transformation of the Health & Safety sector, supported by industry leading technology across our suite of services – audit, analytics, e-learning, and more. But Preverisk are not just the Health & Safety experts – we are also industry leaders in the areas of Sustainability, Customer Experience, Quality Management, Animal Welfare and many more. We are carrying out our vision of building a better world based on safe, sustainable and positive tourism.
Since the emergence of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Preverisk has partnered with various industry bodies to develop innovative preventative programmes that encourage the recovery of the travel sector. We have collaborated in many projects of reference, from the development of the ABTA 'Post Pandemic Recovery' guide, to accommodation protocols for RIU hotels and many other hotel groups. We were even responsible for Health & Safety for the entire tourism circuit in Cape Verde for the Ministry of Tourism, in addition to auditing projects for the Egyptian Hotel Association and many other challenging initiatives. Get to know us, and see how we can help you!
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,500 people worldwide across 26 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields. We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd’s Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients. We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it’s what we call Legal advice in black and white.
Biolinea International was founded in the mid-1980s, when Dr. Sebastian Crespi set up an innovative company dedicated to provide public health solutions for the tourist industry. Since then, the company has been transformed into an internationally renowned company in its field. Today we provide services worldwide and collaborate with a wide range of tourism organizations, including main hotel chains, international cruise companies and leading tour operators. We always follow the best of the science and practice strict codes of ethical conduct in the belief that only then, working with robust scientific knowledge and solid values, we will benefit our customers.
Founded in 2003 in the UK, Intertek Cristal and Intertek Checkpoint are trusted partners to major hotels and tour operators around the world providing a unique range of assurance solutions to the industry. Through its Cristal Standard Solutions and Checkpoint branded audit and software solutions, Intertek enables hoteliers, restauranteurs and tour operators to meet the highest industry-specific health & safety and security standards.
With global network of more than 3,000 auditors, Intertek provides the right set of tools and inspections, to provide total quality assurance to all its customers through 18 internationally recognized standards of excellence.
Founded in 1997, Sanderson Phillips provides travel safety and sustainability consultancy services to some of the UK’s best-known and well-respected tour operators and industry organisations together with a growing number of overseas clients such as DMCs and hotel groups. We intuitively understand the needs of our clients, providing expert advice and a range of services including safety auditing, sustainability certification and training. Predominantly focussing on accommodation risk assessments, we also undertake audits of transportation, activities & excursions, accessibility and the Modern Slavery Act. Our consultancy work ranges from creating travel safety management systems and policy documents to advising and training hotels on the importance of traveller safety.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.