ABTA’s new two-day Health and Safety Conference will bring together health and safety professionals to discuss emerging issues surrounding health and safety standards and practices in travel and tourism.
The event will combine morning conference sessions and panel discussions with specialist guidance sessions across both afternoons, on key health and safety concerns including legionella, fire and gas safety, hurricane safety, child welfare and more.
Now more than ever, health, safety and security is a top priority for many travellers. The travel and tourism industry must work collaboratively to drive change and improve the supply chain, as well as managing the balance between health and safety and COVID-safe protocols.
Hear from ABTA, legal experts, travel businesses, and health and safety specialists on how views on health and safety are changing risk management approaches and supply chain management. Discuss how the industry can tackle emerging issues in destinations, accommodation and products.
Attend to get guidance on how to meet your legal obligations as a travel provider, tackle new threats and manage existing issues. Network with colleagues within the wider travel industry and have your questions answered by expert speakers.
- Emerging health and safety risks and priorities
- Health and safety challenges and how to overcome them
- Updated approaches to risk management and auditing
- Understanding your legal responsibilities and duty of care including your liabilities under the Package Travel Regulations
- Identifying and tackling health, safety and security risks in your supply chain
- Managing the balance between health and safety and COVID-safe protocols
- Practical guidance and deep dive sessions into key health and safety concerns: legionella, fire and gas safety, hurricane safety, child welfare and more
- Moderator: Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
Susan joined ABTA in 2016 as a solicitor. She has extensive experience in the travel industry, having worked in hotel reservations, tour operating and business travel before beginning her legal career. Since October 2019, as Director of Industry Relations, Susan is responsible for overseeing relationships with UK travel industry stakeholders, as well as managing Foreign Office and destination government liaison. She leads a team which is involved in sustainability, operations, crisis management and health & safety in destinations, as well as education, skills and career development.
- Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
Angela is Head of Destinations at ABTA, with responsibility for destination operations, health and safety, crisis management and incident management. She is one of ABTA’s key points of contact for government representatives (UK, EU and destinations) on destination related issues and projects. Angela is a regular speaker on behalf of the tourism industry at UK and international conferences, delivering health and safety, crisis and operational training to suppliers and Governments in destinations. In addition, Angela is a key industry stakeholder representative for EU and international committees for destination and safety related matters.
Additional speakers will be announced shortly including industry representatives, legal experts, risk management and health and safety specialists.
- Understand the key global health and safety issues and priorities your business should be aware of
- Participate in specific sessions covering key issues including gas and fire safety, legionella, hurricane safety, child welfare and more.
- Identify and tackle health and safety risks in your product portfolio
- Gain clarity on your legal responsibilities including Package Travel Regulations and local regulations
- Benchmark your organisation against others in the industry - ensure you are doing enough to keep your customers safe
- Network with ABTA Members, tour operators, suppliers and other industry colleagues.
This conference is aimed at those who are responsible for, and with an interest in, health and safety management from tour operators, travel agencies, airlines, destinations and more, including:
- CEOs and directors
- Health and safety and operational teams
- Destination managers
- Overseas representatives
- Customer service and care teams
- Product and purchasing teams
- Legal teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rates*
Full two day rate – £395 plus VAT
One day rate – £275 plus VAT
Full two day rate – £599 plus VAT
One day rate– £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
You may attend one day and nominate a colleague to attend the other day. Please register your place for both days then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and job title of your colleague, and which day they would like to attend.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
If you are interested in sending a group, please contact email@example.com for a bespoke cost.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,500 people worldwide across 26 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.We act for insurers, reinsurers, Lloyd’s Syndicates, public bodies and corporates. Our deep sector knowledge means that we understand the impact of proposed regulations and advise our clients on the implications this will have on their business. Every day we make a difference for our clients. We provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics. We deliver these in plain English and it’s what we call Legal advice in black and white.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.