After a year of unprecedented change, ABTA’s Health, Safety and Security Conference will return virtually, featuring high quality content streamed live from a custom digital platform. The one-day event combines keynote conference sessions with online networking and streamed practical workshops.
The event will bring together an audience of senior health and safety professionals from across travel and tourism to understand how to manage the balance between health and safety and COVID safe protocols in restarting overseas travel programmes. The event will also provide essential guidance and practical workshops in other areas of health and safety.
As travel restarts, traveller safety will be key to restoring customer confidence and industry recovery. Are you prepared?
The conference will focus on some of the learnings that have been identified as a result of the ongoing the COVID-19 pandemic and the wider health, safety and security issues that will require your attention as travel restarts. Get a recap on your legal obligations and what you are liable for should something go wrong.
Hear about the importance of being having infectious disease protocols to tackle matters such as COVID-19 in hotels and resorts and the communication of new guidelines to staff and guests. Learn about the importance of considering safety as part of the travel experience including tours and transport experiences.
In addition to main stage sessions and panel discussions, take part in two practical and interactive workshops on key areas of health and safety and to help you further develop practical skills and knowledge to introduce into your business operations. All content will be available to watch on demand.
- What we have learned so far from the Coronavirus crisis on managing infectious diseases
- A tour operator’s perspective of restarting programmes with new health and safety protocols
- Restoring consumer confidence in travel safety
- Other emerging and existing risks
- Updating risk assessments in a world with COVID-19
- Delivering a safe experience – tours, excursions, resorts and hotels
- Your legal responsibilities – duty of care and contractual arrangements with suppliers
- X v Kuoni case update
- COVID-19 claims
You will be able to choose two practical, online workshops to attend live. All will be available to watch later on demand.
- Legionella and water quality
- Fire safety
- Food safety and hygiene
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Security – transportation
- Health and safety – escorted tours
Moderator: Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
Angela Hills, Head of Destinations, ABTA
Further speakers to be announced shortly including industry representatives, leading safety professionals, legal and risk management experts and more.
- Health and Safety and operational teams
- CEOs and directors
- Communications and PR teams
- Crisis management teams
- Public health teams
- Customer service and care teams
- Marketing and product teams
- Legal teams
ABTA Members & Partners
*Early bird rate expires 12 March
Individual rate - £99 plus VAT *
Business rate – £399 plus VAT *
This rate enables you to train your whole team digitally, in a cost-effective manner. The business rate includes five digital log-ins. Up to five people can attend at any one time, and on-demand content can be shared more widely amongst your team.
*Early bird rate expires 12 March
Individual rate - £149 plus VAT *
Business rate – £599 plus VAT *
This rate enables you to train your whole team digitally, in a cost-effective manner. The business rate includes five digital log-ins. Five people can attend at any one time, and on-demand content can be shared more widely amongst your team.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
(please add *s next to the ABTA Member rates)
The event will be brought to you digitally, in a one-day format.
- Professionally edited content will be streamed live via a custom event platform
- Interactive workshops for smaller groups
- Submit your questions in advance or during the conference
- Network on the platform via chat or arrange 1:1 video meetings
- Visit sponsor hubs for exclusive content, guidance and resources
- Watch content after the event on-demand
- Support and tutorials will be available