Do you need to understand how to carry out accommodation, transportation and excursion assessments?
This workshop will give practical guidance on supplier health and safety auditing and assessment.
We are pleased to offer a 20% discount if you book the Introduction to Health and Safety Auditing workshop and ABTA's Advanced Health and Safety Seminar taking place the day before on 13 November. Please email email@example.com to get your 20% discount code before you register online.
Auditing your accommodation portfolio and other services correctly is a key aspect in ensuring that your customers have a safe and enjoyable holiday experience.
This practical one-day workshop will provide guidance on how and why you should conduct assessments and how to implement this in your business. Gain a clearer understanding of how to effectively manage the auditing process within your product portfolio to help minimise the risk for your customers on holiday.
You will explore health and safety assessments and defect management and how to escalate defects within your portfolio. Further your knowledge and ensure that your business is compliant.
Our expert speakers will give practical guidance on three key areas that need to be audited; accommodation, transportation and excursions. You will have the opportunity to take part in practical exercises, as well as hearing advice on how best to manage the whole auditing process.
- Understanding the auditing process including the options that are available to you
- Implementing an auditing process for the products that you sell
- How to manage defects in your portfolio
- Verifying the information that you receive from suppliers
- Practical exercises; conducting transportation, accommodation and excursion audits
- How effective auditing can reduce risks for your customers and help your legal and customer service teams
Trainer: Ian Greaves, Managing Director, IGI
Ian began his career as an Environmental Health Officer in Sheffield in 1985, and went on to work as an enforcement officer in London. He formed IGI Ltd in 1996 as the company who specialise in food safety, health and safety and environmental protection and since that time has worked all over the world. The work of IGI covers all international boundaries as they are one of the main consultants to the British travel industry, through their links to the FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) and ABTA. Ian has personally helped in the formation of technical guidance and codes of practice in relation to safety and is actively involved in furthering improvements to food safety and health and safety, primarily through training and conducting seminars to government and suppliers around the globe. Ian is a member of the Charted Institute of Environmental Health (MCIEH), the Institute of Occupational Health (CMIOSH), the Royal Society Public Health (FRSPH) and the Institute of Fire Engineers (MIFE).
Addtional speakers include:
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Build your confidence in auditing your suppliers during practical exercises based on real-life audits
- Gain a better understanding of the auditing process and learn how to implement it effectively in your business
- Evaluate your company’s approach to safety and take away top tips on how to improve it
- Understand how an effective auditing process can improve the customer experience
- Network with colleagues in the travel industry and share best practice ideas
The workshop is open to ABTA Members, ABTA Partners and the wider travel community. It will appeal to anyone in travel who is involved in, or has responsibility for destinations and customer health and safety including:
- Health and safety teams
- Operations teams
- Product and destinations teams
- Risk and crisis management teams
- Customer care teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Get 20% off when you book the Introduction to Health and Safety Auditing workshop and ABTA's Advanced Health and Safety Seminar taking place the day before on 13 November. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.