The seminar is suitable for travel business entrepreneurs, owners and shareholders who are keen to understand more about exit planning, business valuation and the sale process.
Attend this practical one-day seminar to learn about the different exit routes for travel business owners. Hear from different types of buyers and understand what they are looking for. Check your understanding of the key stages of the sale process, learn how to value your business and maximise sale proceeds.
You will gain insights into the due diligence process – legal, commercial, financial – and learn about the importance of advisers, business owners and lawyers working together. Get an update on the regulatory considerations from ABTA. Hear what to expect from travel industry entrepreneurs who have previously sold their travel businesses, including the common pitfalls and deal breakers.
ABTA and Summit Advisory, sister company to Elman Wall Travel Accountants, have teamed up to deliver this seminar and will be joined by legal experts, a range of different types of buyers and travel industry sellers.
- Different exit routes
- Understanding the buyer mindset
- Valuation approaches
- How investor ready are you?
- Tax considerations
- Different types of due diligence: commercial, financial, legal
- Regulatory considerations – ATOL and ABTA
- Sellers’ surgery – what I wish I had known
- Moderator: Jonathan Wall, Director, Summit Advisory & Managing Director, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Deborah Potts, Director, Summit Advisory
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Dominic Dalli, Partner, Sovereign Capital Partners
- Gaby Marcon Clarke, Research Executive, Summit Advisory
- Katie Somerville, Associate, Hill Dickinson
- Russell Eisen, Tax Director, Elman Wall Travel Accountants
- Graeme Mitchell, Founder & Former MD, Brightwater Holidays
- Rick Cooper, Director, Mickledore Travel
- Ian Palmer, Audit Director, Elman Wall
- Yasin Khandwalla, Audit Director, Elman Wall
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Gain clarity on the different exit routes and types of buyers
- Learn how to build value in your travel business and how to calculate value
- Get first-hand advice from your industry peers on the the sale process, hear about the common pitfalls and deal breakers
- Take part in interactive exercises, evaluate whether you are investor and due diligence ready
- Network with peers in a friendly environment
The event is ideal for travel owners, directors and shareholders of privately owned travel businesses who would like to learn more about exit planning, business valuations and the exit process. This includes:
- Directors, MDs and shareholders
- Acquirers/buyers may also wish to attend.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
You can make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Summit Advisory helps travel business owners grow, acquire or sell their business. As an independent, specialist boutique advisory firm, you and your project benefit from our tailor-made, discreet service and total commitment to your success. Our approach is clear, collaborative and consultative. Our aim is to demystify the world of corporate finance, not to complicate it. Founding directors, Jonathan Wall and Deborah Potts, combine years of travel industry accounting expertise with ‘hands on’ travel entrepreneurship. Our extensive buyer network extends to both UK and international trade buyers, in addition to extensive private equity contacts. Furthermore, Summit’s multilingual team is fully cognisant of the complexities and challenges of the travel industry, a key consideration when it comes to M&A in this sector. As a sister firm to Elman Wall Travel Accountants, we have access, as required, by in-house Tax, Audit, TOMs and Personal Wealth specialists. Please contact us for a confidential, complimentary consultation.
Contact: Deborah Potts, Director – Deborah@summitadvisory.co.uk
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.