ABTA’s one-day course, delivered in partnership with email experts Pure360, is ideal for travel marketers who would like a better understanding of how to create and target effective email marketing campaigns. This practical and interactive day has been designed for travel companies including tour operators and travel agencies, hotels, tourism boards, airlines and airports.
With an ROI of £42 for every £1 spent email marketing is an incredibly effective way for travel companies to engage and inspire customers as well as increasing business sales, Email also remains the channel where 60% of consumers prefer to hear from brands*.
At ABTA's new seminar, you will benefit from a hands-on deep dive into email marketing for the travel industry. You will learn how to create and implement a successful email marketing strategy that will drive your business goals. Learn what makes people subscribe and stay subscribed, and ensure you have a strategy to convert leads to sales.
This is a workshop-based event where you will learn from the experts, discuss common issues with your peers and leave with lots of great actionable tips to take back to your business.
*DMA Consumer Email Tracker 2019
- The value of email marketing and how and when to use it
- Smart planning and objective setting
- Growing your audience, the sign up process and welcome email
- The implications of GDPR for email marketing
- Basic segmentation
- Design principles
- Email content top tips, subject lines and preview panes
- Deliverability – firewalls, spam filters and sender reputation
- Personalisation and automation
- Metrics to measure and analytics that drive insights
Moderator: Komal Helyer, VP of Marketing, Pure360
Recently awarded Corporate Business Woman of the Year at the Business Women’s Excellence Awards, Komal brings 20 years of email and digital experience. She has a deep understanding of marketing strategy, a marketer’s needs and how that translates into the use of marketing technology. She leads the Pure360 marketing team with a focus on market positioning, market growth strategies and customer lifecycle marketing. Komal has worked with global leading brands including HSBC, Carphone Warehouse and Black & Decker, helping them get the best results from their email and digital marketing. Komal is a DMA Email Marketing Councillor, the Chair of the DMA Email Council Outreach Hub and is also an awards judge at the DMA and eCommerce Awards.
- Debbie Venn, Partner, DMH Stallard
- Tony Furnival, Planning Director, M3 Agency
- Jack Clay, Principal Solutions Consultant, Pure360
- Alice Garside, Customer Success Manager, Pure360
- Katie Noonan, Senior Customer Success Manager, Pure360
- Liz Brewer, Lead Customer Success Consultant, Pure360
- Tailored guidance for travel companies on how to create and improve email marketing campaigns
- A focus on the basics, from subject lines to the welcome email
- Hear from a mix of email marketing experts and travel industry speakers
- Learn from inspirational travel email campaigns in 2019
- Take part in practical and interactive activities and discuss common challenges with peers
This event is ideal for travel marketers of all levels of seniority who would like to have a better understanding of how to create and target effective email marketing campaigns. The day is suitable for representatives from:
- Tour operators
- Travel agencies
- Tourism boards
- Airlines and airports
- Other travel industry stakeholders.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.