This one-day event will explore how you can drive business growth and improve brand loyalty by providing excellent customer service.
ABTA’s popular seminar returns to give practical guidance on how to consistently offer the best customer experience across all channels. Now more than ever, consumers want high quality and consistent customer service. A good experience means they are more likely to recommend your products and services to family and friends. Customers that have a good experience will keep coming back and brand loyalty is important – because consumers are more likely to spend more with a brand they’re loyal to.
For new customers, a great customer service experience may be the reason they decide to complete their booking with you. One great experience can turn a customer into a lifelong advocate of your business.
This seminar is specifically tailored for the travel industry. It's suitable for small, medium and large organisations and will look at ways to improve your customer service strategy, empower your workforce and improve communication across all your channels.
- Customer service trends in travel, including technology and review platforms
- The role of automation and technology – finding the balance between digital and human communications
- The business case – how to increase sales, build loyalty and brand awareness via excellent customer service
- Training and workforce – empowering staff to do the right thing for customers
- Best practice for handling complaints
- How to deliver all the required information to your customers in an attractive way, including health and safety information
- Using customer service feedback to inform your wider business strategy
Moderator: Charles Fachiri, Senior Customer Support Manager, ABTA
Charles started his career in travel in 1987 when he worked for Sunmed Holidays, in the overseas operations office in Turkey and upon his return to the UK within the Reservations and Customer Relations departments. He later moved on to work for Cosmos within the same field of customer relations, where he inspected hotels and followed up on complaints in destination. Charles then moved into the Cruise Sector where he worked for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. In 1997 Charles joined ABTA and now manages the Customer Support team.
- Chloe Walters, Assistant Customer Support Manager, ABTA
- Joanna Causon, CEO, The Institute of Customer Service
Additional speakers to be announced shortly including representatives from the travel industry.
- Hear real-life industry examples from experienced travel industry customer relation professionals
- Get guidance on using different channels of communication seamlessly
- Develop an understanding of your customer and their booking journey
- Review your workforce development – do your team have the confidence to provide great customer service?
- Understand the business case for investing in customer service and how it can generate future business
- Network with industry peers and share ideas and best practice
The event is ideal for those responsible for their customer service strategy in travel including large, medium and small organisations:
- Managing directors
- Senior managers
- Customer operations teams
- Customer experience teams
- Sales teams and consultants.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.