Data management in any business is an ongoing process. This newly updated one-day practical event will provide an update on what’s next for data regulation as well as the opportunity to assess your level of compliance and understanding of data protection processes.
Hear how travel businesses have adapted to GDPR and how they have since worked towards incorporating privacy into the design of future systems and processes. Take part in new practical exercises including a step-by-step guide to data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and subject access requests (SARs).
Find out what you need to know about future changes including the proposed forthcoming ePrivacy regulation and the implications of Brexit on the transfer of data in and out of the UK.
Get guidance on the ongoing business processes around the handling of data across different departments within your organisation including customer complaints, sales, human resources, marketing and finance.
Explore how travel businesses have used opportunities presented through data protection regulation to inform their business strategies and optimise their databases. Understand the data governance required when investing in new technology and systems including the privacy by design requirement under GDPR.
- Digital marketing guidance and processing of personal data online: understanding how PECR and GDPR work together including cookies and email
- The impact of GDPR on marketing processes and building your database
- How to prepare for future changes to regulation including the new ePrivacy Regulation and Brexit
- Managing data across key business functions including sales, HR, marketing and finance
- How to embed a data privacy culture into your company and build staff awareness
- Key legal queries around data management including what to do if you receive a subject access request and processing special category data
- Data auditing and a practical guide to performing impact assessments
- Incident response planning in the event of a data breach – first steps
- Moderator: Luke Golding, Partner, Travlaw
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Debbie McElhill, Senior Associate, Opt-4, Member, Data Protection Network
- Amanda Firth, Associate, Travlaw
- John Mitchison, Director of Policy and Compliance, DMA
- Luke Hahn, Privacy Consulting Manager, OneTrust
- Timothy Mitchener-Nissen, Group Data Protection Officer, Flight Centre Travel Group
- Ursula Ritz, Head of Private Sector Outreach, No-deal Data, Cyber Security and Data Protection Directorate, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport DCMS
Additional speakers including industry case studies to be announced shortly.
- Put your questions to leading experts including ABTA and leading travel law firm, Travlaw
- Refresh your understanding of the legal requirements surrounding data protection
- Take part in interactive round table discussions and get inspiration on how the industry have used opportunities presented through data protection regulation to inform business strategies
- Take away practical tips to improve business processes and educate your teams on data protection across the company
- Network with peers and hear common industry challenges – gain confidence in how to overcome these challenges
Travel professionals who have a role in handling data and implementing data protection policy. The seminar is designed for large and small companies, including the following teams:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data protection officers
- HR, operations, finance and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams
- Marketing teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
OneTrust is the #1 most widely used privacy, security and third-party risk technology platform trusted by more than 3,000 companies to comply with the CCPA, GDPR, ISO27001 and hundreds of the world’s privacy and security laws. OneTrust’s three primary offerings include OneTrust Privacy Management Software, OneTrust PreferenceChoice™ consent and preference management software, and OneTrust Vendorpedia™ third-party risk management software and vendor risk exchange. To learn more, visit OneTrust.com or connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.