Please note that this event was postponed from 16 April due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The new date is 20 October 2020.
Held in partnership with legal firm Travlaw, this one-day seminar will provide a comprehensive and essential guide to the regulations and legal requirements surrounding data protection in travel.
Every travel business handles personal data including customer details and staff and supplier information. Refresh your understanding of how to process data under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and get an update on what’s next for data regulation.
Specifically tailored for the travel industry, this event will provide an opportunity to assess your level of compliance and understanding of data protection processes. Get guidance on the ongoing processes around the storing and processing of data within your business and ensure you are compliant in the processing of personal data online, including the ICO’s recent guidance around cookies.
Hear travel businesses talk about their journey towards compliance and how they handle data. Ensure that your contracts are fit for purpose and that you understand the liabilities on processors and travel companies. Take part in practical exercises and receive a step-by-step guide to data subject access requests.
- The fundamentals of lawfully processing data under the GDPR
- Digital marketing guidance and processing of personal data online: understanding how PECR and GDPR work together including cookies and email
- Getting your privacy notices and contracts right
- Legal advice around data management including what to do if you receive a subject access request and processing special category data
- Accountability and data governance
- The impact of GDPR on marketing processes – rebuilding and optimising your database
- The importance of data management compliance across your business
Moderator: Luke Golding, Partner, Travlaw
Luke is a Partner in the commercial department at Travlaw LLP. Luke has a great deal of experience in advising the travel industry on a wide range of issues, covering both employment and commercial law. Luke regularly advises clients on the nuanced complexities of the Package Travel Regulations, ATOL Regulations, GDPR, trading as a Principal or an Agent and assists clients in complex contractual disputes. Luke regularly drafts and advises upon a wide variety of contractual documents, such as agency agreements, supplier contracts, wholesale agreements etc and performs intricate contract negotiations on behalf of clients. Luke also deals with a variety of complex employment issues, including effective employee management, restrictive covenants, discipline, dismissal and redundancy procedures and has experienced a great deal of success in defending clients in the Employment Tribunal.
Other speakers include:
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Malati Parekh, Solicitor, ABTA
- Tim Mitchener-Nissen, Group Data Protection Officer, Flight Centre Group
- Gillian Cossey, Deputy Data Privacy Officer, Virgin Atlantic Airways and Virgin Holidays
- Representative, OneTrust
- Put your questions to leading experts including ABTA and travel legal firm, Travlaw
- Refresh your understanding of the legal requirements surrounding data protection
- Take away practical tips that will improve your understanding of data protection processes across your company
- Network with peers and hear common industry challenges – gain confidence on how to overcome these challenges
Travel professionals who have a role in handling data and implementing data protection policy. The seminar is designed for large and small companies, including the following teams:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data protection officers
- HR, operations, finance and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams
- Marketing teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
OneTrust is the #1 most widely used privacy, security and third-party risk technology platform trusted by more than 4,000 companies to comply with the CCPA, GDPR, ISO27001 and hundreds of the world’s privacy and security laws. OneTrust’s primary offerings include OneTrust Privacy Management Software, OneTrust PreferenceChoice™ consent and preference management software, OneTrust Vendorpedia™ third-party risk management software and vendor risk exchange and OneTrust GRC integrated risk management software. To learn more, visit OneTrust.com or connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.