Data management in any business is an ongoing process. One year on from the May 2018 GDPR deadline, this one-day practical event will provide an update on what’s next for data regulation. Find out what you need to know about future changes including the forthcoming ePrivacy regulation and the implications of Brexit on the transfer of data in and out of the UK.
Hear how travel businesses have adapted to GDPR and how they have since worked towards incorporating privacy into the design of future systems and processes at ABTA's practical seminar.
Attend to assess your level of compliance and understanding of data protection processes. Learn how to prepare for, future changes to regulation in 2019.
Get guidance on the ongoing business processes around the handling of data across different departments within your business including customer complaints, sales, human resources, marketing and finance. Hear and discuss how travel businesses have used opportunities presented through data protection regulation to inform their business strategies and optimise their databases.
- How to prepare for future changes to regulation including the new ePrivacy Regulation and Brexit
- Managing data across key business functions including sales, HR, marketing and finance
- How to embed a data privacy culture into your company and build staff awareness
- Key legal queries around data management including what to do if you receive a subject access request and processing special category data
- Data auditing and performing impact assessments
- The impact of GDPR on marketing processes and building on your database
- Moderator: Farina Azam, Partner, Travlaw
- A representative from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS)
- John Mitchison, Director of Policy and Compliance, Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Luke Golding, Senior Associate, Travlaw
- Casper Kaars Sijpesteijn, Associate Director, Business Consulting, Grant Thornton
- Neil Paterson, Senior Manager, Data Protection & Privacy, TUI Group
- Miles Briggs, Data Protection Officer, TUI UK & Ireland
- Peter Radford, Customer Relations Manager, iglu.com
- Lucy Cairns, Data Protection Officer, Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Martin Chillcott, Lecturer and Course Tutor, The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Joseph Gaunt, Data Protection Officer, Fred Olsen Cruise Lines
- Put your questions to leading experts including the ICO, the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), ABTA and legal firm, Travlaw
- Refresh your understanding of the legal requirements surrounding data protection
- Take part in interactive roundtable discussions, and get inspiration on how the industry have used opportunities presented through data protection regulation to inform business strategies
- Take away practical tips to improve business processes and educate your teams on data protection across the company
- Network with peers and hear common industry challenges in order to gain confidence in how to overcome them
Travel professionals who have a role in handling data and implementing data protection policy. The seminar is designed for large and small companies, including the following teams:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data protection officers
- HR, operations, finance and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams
- Marketing teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £249 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £369 plus VAT
Group booking discounts:
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
OneTrust is the largest and most widely used technology platform to operationalize privacy, security and third-party risk management. According The Forrester New Wave™: GDPR and Privacy Management Software, Q4 2018, OneTrust "leads the pack for vision and execution." Additionally, Fast Company named OneTrust as one of 2019's World's Most Innovative Companies.
More than 2,500 customers use OneTrust to implement their privacy, security and third-party risk programs, automatically generating the specific record keeping needed to demonstrate compliance with privacy regulations including the GDPR, California Consumer Privacy Act, Brazil LGPD, and hundreds of the world's privacy laws.
To learn more, visit OneTrust.com
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.