This online training day provides an essential guide to data protection and cyber security in travel, including an update on the key regulations - GDPR, DPA and PECR.
Learn how to legally process data and transfer data to the EU and the rest of the world. Get the latest cyber security guidance for remote working and learn how to respond to a data breach.
Every travel business handles personal data, whether you are a supplier, agent or operator. Attend this training, specifically tailored for travel, to improve your understanding of data management processes.
Assess your level of compliance under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). Learn about your responsibilities for storing and processing personal data, how to handle cross-border data transfers and special category data.
Get an update on the ICO’s guidance for marketing including cookies, tracking and consent. Learn how data protection regulation applies to your customer communication, operations and legal contracts. Discover common and emerging cyber threats for remote working and get best practice guidance on the steps to take in the event of a data breach.
- Key regulations and data protection principles for the travel sector
- Cross-border data transfers
- Handling special category data and COVID-19 health data
- Data protection for travel marketing – cookies, tracking and consent
- Supplier management, processes and contracts – including standard contractual clauses
- Cyber security for remote workers
- Step by step guidance for handling a data breach
- Emma Shakespeare, Senior Associate, Head of Commercial & Corporate Governance, Travlaw
- Vijay Rathour, Partner, Head of the Digital Forensics Group, Grant Thornton
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Tim Mitchener-Nissen, Group Chief Privacy Officer, Flight Centre Travel Group
- Gemma Wilson, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Amanda Firth, Associate, Travlaw
- Iain Bourne, Associate Director, Grant Thornton
- Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery, ABTA
- Meera Tharmarajah, Solicitor, ABTA
- Owen Coombes, Group Head of IT Compliance, Clarity Travel
- John Mitchison, Director of Policy and Compliance, DMA
- Monica Kainja, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Katie Raby, Solicitor, Travlaw
- James Arthur, Partner, Head of Cyber Consulting, Grant Thornton
- Vito Sepe, Senior Account Director, James Hallam
Travel professionals with a role in handling data, cyber security and implementing data protection policy.
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data Protection Officers
- HR, operations, finance and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams
- Marketing teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £125 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £175 plus VAT
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Grant Thornton UK LLP are business advisers that help organisations navigate today’s volatile markets, with a strong focus on quality and delivering insights to succeed. We are committed to working with the leisure, travel and tourism sector to ensure productivity, growth and a sustainable long-term future. We understand what you need today and what you’ll need tomorrow. And will tailor our service to get you there. In the UK we’re led by 190 partners and over 4,500 people. We can also call on a global network made up of 53,000+ people in over 135 countries. For more than 100 years, we have helped dynamic organisations realise their strategic ambitions. Whether you’re looking to finance growth, manage risk and regulation, optimise your operations or realise stakeholder value, we can help you.
We have been insuring the travel and tour industry since 1982 serving, protecting and making a difference to businesses. Whilst we make sure our premiums are competitive our offering is based on the quality of our service, the knowledge of your industry and making our products right for clients
Who we serve
We serve Tour Operators and Travel Agents and have a keen eye for the differing needs of each business.
The future of travel insurance
We are at the forefront of innovation and our goal is to keep our product development ahead of its time so you will always enjoy the widest possible cover available to the travel sector.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.