This online training day provides an essential guide to data protection and cyber security in travel, including an update on the key regulations - GDPR, DPA and PECR.
Learn how to legally process data and transfer data to the EU and the rest of the world. Get the latest cyber security guidance for remote working and learn how to respond to a data breach.
Every travel business handles personal data, whether you are a supplier, agent or operator.
Attend this training, specifically tailored for travel, to improve your understanding of data management processes. Assess your level of compliance under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). Learn about your responsibilities for storing and processing personal data, how to handle cross-border data transfers and special category data. Get an update on the ICO’s guidance for marketing including cookies, tracking and consent. Learn how data protection regulation applies to your customer communication, operations and legal contracts. Discover common and emerging cyber threats for remote working and get best practice guidance on the steps to take in the event of a data breach.
- Key regulations and data protection principles for the travel sector
- Cross-border data transfers
- Handling special category data and COVID-19 health data
- Data protection for travel marketing – cookies, tracking and consent
- Supplier management, processes and contracts – including standard contractual clauses
- Cyber security for remote workers
- Step by step guidance for handling a data breach
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery, ABTA
- Meera Tharmarajah, Solicitor, ABTA
- Owen Coombes, Group Head of IT Compliance, Clarity Travel
- John Mitchison, Director of Policy and Compliance, DMA
Additional speakers to be announced including legal, insurance and cyber experts.
Travel professionals with a role in handling data, cyber security and implementing data protection policy.
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data Protection Officers
- HR, operations, finance and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams
- Marketing teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £125 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £175 plus VAT
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.