ABTA’s Data Management and Protection training day returns in April 2023. Attend this practical event to provide an update on current data regulation as well as the opportunity to assess your level of compliance and understanding of data protection processes. Tailored for the travel industry, explore whether your data management processes are fit for purpose and get step by step guidance on how to handle personal data.
About the event
Attend this travel industry focused training to improve your understanding of data processes and cyber security planning. Ensure you are lawfully and effectively managing the personal data held by your business.
Hear an update on compliance with key regulations including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR).
Whether an operator, agent or supplier, learn about your responsibilities for storing and processing personal data, including how to handle cross-border data transfers and special category data.
Explore how travel businesses have used opportunities presented through data protection regulation to inform their business strategies and optimise their databases. With many businesses operating a hybrid working model, get guidance on the ongoing processes around the handling of data across different departments. Understand how the removal of third-party cookies will impact marketing.
Get guidance on how to prevent and respond to a data breach and take the opportunity to discuss common practice with industry peers and bring your questions to the experts
- Refresher on the key regulations in data protection
- What’s next for data protection: Data Protection and Digital Information Bill update, Retained EU Law Bill & more
- Data regulation and processes: challenges for the travel industry
- Cross border data transfer – the EU and beyond
- Storing and processing personal and special category data
- Data subject rights: subject accesses requests and privacy notices
- Case study: building and maintaining a travel-centric data protection function
- Data incident planning and how to handle a data breach.
Moderator: Simon Blanchard, Partner, DPN Associates
Simon (CIPP/E) supports businesses across wide-ranging sectors. In the run up to GDPR enforcement he was Director of Information Governance at Royal Mail Group. He previously gained considerable commercial experience as Head of Data & Online Marketing at Bauer Media.
- Debbie Venn, Partner, DMH Stallard
- Philippa Donn, Partner, DPN Associates
- Tim Mitchener-Nissen, Group Chief Privacy Officer, Flight Centre Travel Group
Benefits of attending
- Put your questions to leading experts
- Refresh your understanding of the legal requirements surround data protection
- Take away practical tips to educate your teams on data protection across the company
- Network with peers and hear common industry challenges – gain confidence in how to overcome these challenges
- Take part in a practical guide to performing subject access requests.
Who should attend?
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Data protection officers
- HR, operations, finance, marketing and customer service teams
- IT and information security teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
DMH Stallard is an award-winning, independent law firm with offices across Sussex, Surrey and London that works in partnership with some of the most successful organisations in the country. We are able to provide multi-disciplinary legal teams with extensive technical knowledge to deliver high quality, tailored legal services to both companies and individuals. DMH Stallard has significant expertise in the travel sector, working with tour operators, travel agents, destination management companies and suppliers, advising on a wide range of commercial matters including package travel and ATOL regulations, booking conditions, agency agreements, supplier contracts and indemnities, as well as employment and corporate issues. We have particular experience in managing international and multi-jurisdictional transactions, with many of our clients operating worldwide.
We’re a small experienced team of data protection consultants who pride ourselves on taking a no-nonsense approach to data protection and privacy. We advise a broad range of business across multiple sectors, as well as regularly delivering down-to-earth data protection and GDPR training online and in-person. Our team is based in London and Peterborough.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.