Attend ABTA’s practical training day to learn how to effectively prepare for, manage and respond to data breaches and cyber attacks. Ensure you have the right cyber incident response processes in place and hear the steps you can take to limit the damage to your business and brand reputation.
ABTA’s one-day course provides the tools you need to ensure your business is prepared and able to report quickly and efficiently should you suspect you have suffered a breach. You should have robust breach detection, investigation and internal reporting procedures in place in order to respond.
With an updated agenda based around an evolving simulation of a real life scenario, this event is designed to walk you through the steps to take as a data incident unfolds. The scenario will begin with business as usual and data auditing before taking you on the journey from incident investigation to response.
The travel industry holds a vast amount of personal and sensitive data, making travel businesses especially vulnerable to cyber attacks and data breaches. A breach can be a result of an internal error or external attack. For certain types of data breaches, companies now under the GDPR have a duty to report to the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours of becoming aware.
Do you know what data your company holds? Do you know what the correct processes are? Are you able to locate the affected data and identify the risk to your business and data subjects? Do you know who from your company needs to come together as your response team? Can you inform data subjects easily? What is your response plan and how do you ensure that business can be maintained?
This annual event is designed to answer the above questions and equip attendees with the tools they need to plan for, respond to, and recover from a cyber or data breach. Hear guidance from, and put your questions to legal, industry, cyber, insurance, communication and ABTA experts.
- Data auditing, understanding what data your company holds and educating staff
- Detecting and identifying a data breach
- How to plan your response and the notification process
- Ensure your business continuity plans are up to scratch
- Top tips for brand reputation management and customer communications
- How to deal with the consequences, including claims and losses
- Moderator: John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery, ABTA
- Debbie Venn, Partner, DMH Stallard
- Simon Blanchard, Senior Associate, Opt-4
- Representative from the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
Additional speakers to be announced shortly
- Ensure you are ready and have the correct processes in place for a data breach
- Learn what the most common threats are and how to educate staff to spot the signs
- Get to grips with the steps you need to take should you suspect that you have suffered a cyber attack or data breach
- Understand how to protect your business’ reputation and continue business as normal after an attack
- Take part in a simulated real-life scenario exercise and walk through the various stages of data breach management
- Get top tips for how to respond to a breach, whatever your business size
- Network with peers from the travel industry and discuss common challenges and solutions
The event is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about or involved in the management of data breaches, including large and small travel businesses:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- IT teams
- Security teams
- Operations teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
DMH Stallard is a full service, award winning law firm stretching across five locations throughout the South East. We are passionate about winning and passionate about client care. Our mission is to provide a compelling and cost effective alternative to ‘Big Law’ for larger corporate organisations; to be a natural partner for ambitious entrepreneurial businesses; and to provide the very highest level of legal services to our private clients.
For details on how to promote your company at this event, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.