ABTA’s Crisis Management in Travel Conference brings together key stakeholders from across UK travel and tourism, including tour operators, destinations and tourism boards, hotels and airlines.
How you handle a crisis situation can minimise the impact of events, determine the safety of your customers and employees and ensure a speedy recovery for your travel business or destination.
Returning for its second year, ABTA’s one-day crisis management conference will bring together senior keynote speakers and a large audience of senior crisis professionals from across travel and tourism to explore the emerging issues in crisis management.
From natural disasters to illness outbreaks, terrorist attacks, airline insolvency and tour operator failures, dealing effectively with a crisis situation comes down to preparedness. Are you prepared?
All businesses should regularly review their crisis management plans to minimise the impact of a crisis on customers, staff, destinations and brand reputation. New for 2020, discuss how you can best test your crisis plans and create simulations designed to ensure your processes and procedures are fit for purpose.
Understand your legal obligations in a crisis, including your duty of care to customers and staff, obligations under wider regulations such as the PTRs and local contracts in destinations.
- Global risk and crisis management for travel in a changing world
- Your legal obligations in a crisis
- Dealing with crises arising from supplier and airline failure
- Responsibilities of the FCO and overseas authorities in a crisis
- Creating operational efficiencies, testing plans and sharing information between agencies
- Case studies from travel companies on terrorism and natural disasters
- Destination recovery and reinstatement of a destination post-crisis
- Ensuring your team are in good health during and after a crisis
Moderator: Susan Deer, Director of Industry Relations, ABTA
Susan joined ABTA in 2016 as senior solicitor, providing legal advice to ABTA Member businesses, as well as services to support ABTA’s public affairs and trade relations activity. She has extensive experience in the travel industry, having worked in hotel reservations, tour operating and business travel before beginning her legal career. Since October 2019, as Director of Industry Relations, Susan is responsible for managing relationships with UK travel industry stakeholders, FCO and destination government liaison and overseeing sustainability, operations, crisis management and health & safety in destinations.
- James Challis, Operations Manager, Saga
- Will Staples, Head of Crisis Management, TUI UK & Ireland
- Vanessa Field, Consultant in Travel Medicine, NaTHNaC
- Mark Buckingham, Head of Fire and Emergency Planning, Birmingham Airport
- Joanne Muccio, Trauma Care Consultant, Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP)
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Anna Anatolitou, Partner – Aviation & Travel, Ince
- Carol MacKenzie, Former Group Head of Crisis Management & Customer Welfare, Thomas Cook and Consultant
Additional speakers will be announced shortly and will include representatives from tour operators, airlines, media and communications companies, destinations and more.
- Get an update on recent high-profile crises and your legal responsibilities
- Learn about key risks such as climate impacts, terrorism, natural disasters and health outbreaks
- Learn from travel companies and destinations through industry cases studies
- Get first-hand experience on how to overcome a destination crisis
- Understand the learnings from the Thomas Cook failure and subsequent crisis response
- Find out what practical steps you can take to maintain the health and wellbeing of your team during a crisis
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders across the travel industry
This conference is aimed at those who are responsible for, and with an interest in, crisis management from tour operators, travel agencies, airlines, destinations and more, including:
- CEOs and directors
- Crisis management and operational teams
- Communications and PR teams
- Health & safety teams
- Customer service and care teams
- Marketing and product teams
- Legal teams
- Claims teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, a networking drinks reception, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card. ABTA Members and Partners can request an invoice.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
Ince’s full service, commercially focused travel team is comprised of committed individuals who have experience of acting for a wide range of providers in the industry from airlines, travel agencies, tour operators to private jet owners and charterers along with ancillary suppliers to the industry, across the globe. The team advise on a broad range of matters including regulatory compliance, regulatory solutions, corporate and commercial matters, and dispute resolution.
Lawyers in the team have worked in-house at travel organisations and have valuable insights into the challenges and opportunities presented in the sector. Our approach is to provide the advice you need on specific issues whilst protecting your reputation and values and enhancing your longer term strategic goals. From our offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia our dedicated team of legal and business service professionals can guide you in developing and delivering a roadmap for sustainable success and provide you with advice that will not only safeguard your business interests but ensure you reap commercial rewards.
For details on how to promote your company at this event contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.