From natural disasters to illness outbreaks, terrorist attacks to airline insolvency, dealing effectively with a crisis situation comes down to preparedness. Are you prepared?
We will also be holding a half-day workshop, the morning after the conference, looking at how travel businesses can deliver psychological support following a traumatic or critical incident.
How you handle a crisis situation can minimise the impact of events, determine the safety of your customers and employees and ensure a speedy recovery for your travel business or destination. All travel and tourism businesses should regularly review their crisis management plans to minimise the impact of a crisis situation on customers, staff and destinations.
ABTA’s Crisis Management Conference brings together key stakeholders from across the UK travel and tourism industry, including tour operators, destinations and tourism boards, hotels and airlines. Attend to hear from a range of reputable crisis and industry experts on new developments in crisis management.
Receive an update on recent high profile crises and emerging threats. Take away ideas to improve your crisis management plan and manage communications during an emergency. Learn from ABTA and industry professionals about the steps you can take to manage incidents and promote a swift recovery afterwards.
- An update on recent high profile crises and emerging threats
- New thinking around crisis management and how it can be applied to the travel and tourism industries
- Collaborative working and information sharing between key stakeholders in the event of a crisis
- Your legal obligations and your duty of care to your customers during a crisis
- New developments in crisis management communications and how to handle social media during a crisis
- Industry case studies including key learnings from a terrorist attack
- Managing an emergency situation that arises out of airline insolvency
- How to improve the resilience of destinations and steps to take to ensure speedy post-crisis destination recovery
- Ensuring the right level of psychological support for those affected by a crisis
- Moderator: Nikki White, Director of Destinations and Sustainability, ABTA
- Andrew Couper, Head of Crisis Management, TUI UK & Ireland
- Peter Drissell, Director of Aviation Security, Civil Aviation Authority
- Angie Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Rachel O'Reilly, Head of Communications, Kuoni
- Tom Parry, Manager – Business Resilience, Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd
- John Telfer, Deputy Managing Director, Explore Worldwide
- Julia Longbottom, Director, Consular Services, FCO
- Laurie Bell, Lead for Comms on Salisbury Recovery and Former Director of Communications and Communities, Wiltshire Council
- Darren Carter, Head of Group Security, Edwardian Hotels and Chair, Institute of Hotel Security Management
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Colin McGregor, Managing Director, Tranquilico
- Marilyn Hahn, Psychological Practitioner/Trainer, British Red Cross
- Richard Gordon, Director, Bournemouth University Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC)
- Jonathan Hemus, Founder and MD, Insignia
- Emma Monks, VP of Crisis Intelligence, Crisp
- Steve Turner, CEO, CMAC Group
- Bruce McIndoe, Founder and Chief Evangelist, WorldAware
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
This event is aimed at those across the travel and tourism sector who are responsible for crisis management, including tour operators, travel agencies, airlines, airports, hotels and destinations:
- CEOs and directors
- Crisis management, emergency planning, resilience, risk management and operational teams
- Communications and PR teams
- Health & safety teams
- Customer service and care teams
- Legal teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
We are holding a 'Delivering Psychological and Trauma Support Following a Crisis' half-day workshop on the morning after the conference. Get 20% off when you book both the conference and the workshop. This discount will be applied automatically.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
We are the UK’s leading provider of ground transport and accommodation solutions, offering clients the peace of mind of a 24/7/365 nationwide service. We work with major airlines, holiday companies, ground handling companies and travel operators to provide transport for journeys either planned and during times of disruption or emergency.
Our mission is to simplify the management of ground transport and accommodation by offering a single-source, highly effective solution and unparalleled customer service whether you need one taxi, 100 coaches or a hotel room for the night.
For over a decade, clients have placed their trust in our solutions to move them and their people safely and with consideration, moving one million passengers in the last year alone. We build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers, develop and reward our employees, and continually invest in and develop technology to deliver our award-winning service.
Insignia is a specialist crisis management consultancy which helps business leaders plan, train, rehearse and handle major incidents, issues and crises. We build confidence and skills to manage business critical situations under intense pressure.
Our services include:
- Crisis management plan development
- Crisis management training
- Crisis media training
- Crisis exercises
- Crisis management consultancy
Travel clients include Crystal Ski, Luton Airport and Movenpick. Businesses as diverse as the AA, DP World, Lidl, NFU Mutual and Pukka Pies are also clients.
Our strong, trusting client relationships are based on deep crisis management expertise and the care, passion and commitment of our consultants.
Social media is a vital channel for travel marketers and in a holiday crisis, it is the go-to space for customers seeking up-to-date travel information. This opens travel brands up to receiving complaints from frustrated holidaymakers, accusations of poor information management, and spiralling PR issues – all of which travel companies need to know about within minutes of them being posted.
Crisp is trusted by thousands of globally recognised brands, social platforms and advertisers, to ensure they’re the first to know about brand-damaging content. We do this by identifying the critical risks that seriously impact the brand and alerting key stakeholders first, so they can react fast to prevent a crisis.
tranquilico has been successfully operating since 2008 and celebrated its 10th anniversary last year. Our main focus is preparing crisis management policies, procedures and training and assisting with crisis response. In addition, tranquilico.com installs health & safety due diligence safety management systems and provides auditing and incident investigation services. Our use of the innovative e-pass system also allows tour operators to carry out H&S self-assessments on overseas suppliers for a very cost effective price. (Accommodation, Transport, Aviation & a plethora of higher risk Activity suppliers). tranquilico is an ABTA Partner, an AITO affiliate member, a supplier to LATA and a member of ABTOT’s consultants panel.
WorldAware helps organisations operate with confidence by enabling them to protect their people, facilities and brand. The company provides a single ecosystem that unites intelligence, communications and assistance services, so organisations and their people can mitigate the risk posed by emerging threats. WorldAware provides expertise across intelligence categories such as terrorism, geopolitics, environment, transportation and health, along with geographic and regional analysis, providing clients with actionable insights that allow them to make fast, accurate risk mitigation decisions. WorldAware’s Worldcue® solutions deliver real-time dashboard views of threats and their intersect with people, along with two-way communications and location-based alerts. WorldAware’s assistance and response services are available 24/7, ready to answer travel risk-related questions, support business continuity efforts and coordinate response operations if the need arises. WorldAware’s experts review business continuity plans, conduct training, test crisis management plans, and more. By providing intelligence, communications and assistance within a single, unified ecosystem, WorldAware empowers organisations and their employees to make well-informed, critical decisions to mitigate risk and ensure safety.
F24 are the European leader in the field of Emergency Notifications & Crisis Management software solutions. Founded in 2000, we have grown to become one of the most recognisable and reliable names within the industry. We support companies and organisations in more than 80 countries around the globe.
With FACT24, F24 is able to offer a highly innovative solution and help customers all over the world to successfully and efficiently manage incidents, emergencies and critical situations. In addition, the eCall platform offers solutions for the high-volume communication of critical to confidential information in the business environment.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.