ABTA’s popular Crisis Communications in Travel event delivers practical guidance from PR professionals, industry peers, journalists and ABTA to help you plan and update your crisis communications strategy.
Attend this practical event and explore how best to communicate with your stakeholders in the event of a crisis including staff, customers, concerned family members and the media.
Recent years have seen complex global events and challenge including political tensions, terrorism, environmental threats and the COVID-19 pandemic, all highlighting the need for travel companies to be able to respond quickly and communicate effectively during a crisis. When disaster strikes customers expect a rapid and honest response.
Attend this event for guidance on what to do as a crisis unfolds including practical exercises on how to manage the media plus top tips on how to conduct interviews and press enquiries both face-to-face and online. Understand how to effectively manage and monitor your social media accounts and maintain your online reputation and get advice on post-crisis communications to protect your brand.
Moderated by ABTA, get guidance from communication experts, and hear case studies from travel businesses.
- Top tips for preparing your spokespeople: identifying and allocating roles
- Managing the immediate response when a crisis hits: what information to share and when
- Building relationships and working with journalists before, during and after a crisis
- Practical exercise: producing an effective media message
- Using social media as part of your wider communications response
- Understanding what the CEO wants from the comms and PR teams
- Maintaining communication during a crisis and post-crisis recovery.
- Moderator: Graeme Buck, Director of Communications, ABTA
Graeme leads ABTA’s external and internal communications, including PR and media relations, marketing communications and brand stewardship. Joining ABTA in 2020, he was previously Head of Communications for Waitrose & Partners. He brings to the role more than 25 years’ experience of working with major organisations.
Additional speakers will be announced shortly including travel industry representatives, PR, communications and media experts.
- Laura Jackson, Media and PR Manager, ABTA
- Lisa Minot, Head of Travel, The Sun
- Gain expert guidance on putting in place a crisis communications plan and the role of the PR team.
- Gain practical insights into managing social media and ensuring it works for you.
- Take part in a practical exercise to produce an effective media message, prepare to speak on camera and balance what the media want with what the PR team can say.
- Hear Lisa Minot, Head of Travel at The Sun give her perspective on what the media wants from you when a crisis occurs and how to build relationships with journalists.
- Hear an ABTA case study on the role of the communications team during the Greek wildfires.
- Ensure you continue to communicate effectively following a crisis to protect your brand and reputation.
- Network with speakers and attendees from ABTA, industry representatives and communication experts and take back practical tips to prepare you and your team should a crisis occur.
The event is designed for large and small companies, including the following teams:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Communications and external affairs and PR teams
- Emergency planning and crisis management teams
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.