ABTA’s new seminar will cover the key principles and practices in corporate governance including a focus on Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and risk management.
Relevant for all travel companies, particularly small and medium sized businesses, the day will draw on the principles contained in the UK Corporate Governance Code to ensure responsibility, accountability and transparency within your organisation.
Speakers will provide guidance on ESG regulation, competition law and bribery risks and emerging risks including environmental, AI and cyber risks.
Attend this seminar specifically tailored to travel, to ensure your business achieves and maintains the highest standards of corporate governance.
Including a focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) challenges, attendees will hear the latest developments in regulation and what can be expected in the future along with emerging risks including AI and climate change.
Sessions will cover key areas of corporate governance including competition law, those parts of the Bribery Act that have particular relevance for travel companies and the processes that can be put in place to protect the business.
Practical sessions will guide you through implementing an effective risk management process across the whole business including how to develop and manage a risk register. Experts will provide advice on identifying and managing the risks and challenges facing businesses and future regulatory and operational risks.
Hear from ABTA, travel legal experts and industry representatives.
- Overview of UK Corporate Governance Codes
- Business risk management: identifying and managing current and emerging risks facing your business
- The current regulatory landscape
- ESG practices and regulation including communicating with and influencing your stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with Competition law
- Data governance and accountability
- Corporate responsibilities surrounding the Bribery Act
- Communicating company culture.
Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
Simon is a solicitor and ABTA’s Director of Legal Affairs and Company Secretary having joined ABTA as a Legal Adviser in 1996. Simon’s team is responsible for the provision of legal and regulatory guidance to Members; the advice and alternative dispute resolution services to customers of ABTA Members; and for the operation and enforcement of ABTA’s Code of Conduct. Simon chairs the European Travel Agent and Tour Operator Association and is co-author, with Professor David Grant and Stephen Mason, of Holiday Law - The Law Relating to Travel and Tourism 6th Ed.
- Debbie Venn, Partner, DMH Stallard
- Stuart Parker, Head of Operations and Delivery, ABTA
- Catalina Fuentes-Benitez, Legal Advisor ESG & Corporate, easyJet
- Malati Parekh, Solicitor, ABTA
- Kate Bryan, Director, Data Driven Legal
- Helen Mead, Partner, DMH Stallard
- Rebecca Thornley-Gibson, Partner, DMH Stallard
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Understand and ensure you are compliant with the principles contained in the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Get practical guidance on creating and managing a risk register
- Discover how to manage emerging risks including AI
- Learn and explore the specifics surrounding the role of owners, directors and managers in delivering good governance
- Ensure you are compliant with competition law and the Bribery Act
- Learn how your peers are dealing with the challenges of remaining operationally resilient in the face of extraordinary circumstances and emerging risks.
This training day is designed for those with director level responsibilities including, board members, CEOs and directors from medium and small travel businesses.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
*Students from Partner educational bodies are eligible for the discount. Please use the ABTA Partner number when registering.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
DMH Stallard is an award-winning, independent law firm with offices across Sussex, Surrey and London that works in partnership with some of the most successful organisations in the country. We are able to provide multi-disciplinary legal teams with extensive technical knowledge to deliver high quality, tailored legal services to both companies and individuals. DMH Stallard has significant expertise in the travel sector, working with tour operators, travel agents, destination management companies and suppliers, advising on a wide range of commercial matters including package travel and ATOL regulations, booking conditions, agency agreements, supplier contracts and indemnities, as well as employment and corporate issues. We have particular experience in managing international and multi-jurisdictional transactions, with many of our clients operating worldwide.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.