For operational reasons the venue has changed for this event. The venue will now be etc.venues, Prospero House, Borough High Street, London SE1 1GA. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ABTA’s one-day updated seminar provides practical guidance for travel businesses on the latest consumer protection legislation surrounding the marketing and selling of holidays.
The event will walk you through new and existing regulations – what the law says, how it applies to the travel industry and examples of compliant selling and marketing practices.
Since our last seminar in November 2018, there has been a renewed focus on consumer rights within travel. The Competition and Markets Authority has published new guidelines on hotel booking sites and unfair contract terms, and 1 April saw the release of the CAA’s changes concerning the information that ATOL holders must display when advertising ATOL flights and holidays.
Hear from the experts on how travel businesses have adapted to these changes alongside existing regulations including the Consumer Rights Act and the outstanding questions around the new Package Travel Regulations including package plus, tourist services and transfers.
Ensure you are complying with digital marketing and advertising practices, including web cookies, the BCAP and CAP Codes and take a deep dive into pricing guidance.
Learn about the support and guidance that ABTA can provide. Legal, marketing and policy experts will be available to answer any outstanding questions you have.
- Consumer protection law and how it applies to the travel industry
- Advertising – the latest advice on pricing and promotions
- The rules around compensation, alternative travel arrangements and cancellation rights
- Accessibility information requirements
- Reviewing your terms and conditions in light of the PTRs and provisions ahead of Brexit
- Data protection and digital marketing practices
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Niki Sharp, Assistant Director, Consumer Protection, Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Jacob Hatton, Investigations Executive, Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
- Tim Roe, Compliance and Deliverability Director, RedEye
- Paula MacFarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Stephen Mason, Senior Counsel, Travlaw
- Joe Kochanski, Regulatory Manager, Gold Medal Travel Group
- Romana Sztyber, Legal Services, Virgin Holidays
Additional speakers including representatives from travel businesses will be announced shortly.
• Understand the regulations, why they are important and how they apply to you
• Ensure your terms and conditions are up to date, including Brexit provisions
• Submit your questions to our travel law experts and the regulators
• Hear best practice examples from the travel industry
• Hear tips for compliant digital marketing and processing personal data online
• Get answers to your outstanding questions on the Package Travel Regulations
• Learn how to protect your business from the costly reputational and financial consequences of non-compliance
ABTA Members and the wider travel industry including:
- Legal teams
- Marketing teams
- Digital/online teams
- Customer service teams
- Sales functions
- Claims teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate: £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate: £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.