After the success of our first claims handling seminar, we are taking the event to Manchester in October. This one-day seminar will deliver practical guidance to help travel industry professionals gain a wider understanding of how to manage the claims they receive.
The event will cover three types of litigation: breach of contract, accident on holiday and illness on holiday claims. Delegates will have the opportunity to take part in three different practical exercises, as well as hearing advice on their legal obligations from expert speakers.
With the huge rise in holiday sickness claims over the last year, travel organisations have had to get to grips with how to investigate and respond effectively. This seminar will give you the tools to understand and handle these claims.
You will receive hands on training from ABTA and event partner Travlaw as well as hearing case studies from travel companies.
- Knowing your legal obligations around breach of contract, accident and holiday illness claims
- The impacts of the new Package Travel Regulations on customers’ rights
- The role of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) schemes
- Learn how to investigate and respond effectively to gastric illness claims
- Industry case studies on breach of contract and illness on holiday claims
- Moderator: Susan Deer, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Irena Jasinski, General Manager, The Travel Advice Centre
- Matt Gatenby, Partner, Travlaw
- Krystene Bowd, Solicitor, Travlaw
- Gregg Hunt, Managing Director, Hunt ADR
- Ian Bates, Client Services Manager, Customer Claims, Thomas Cook UK & Ireland
- Hear an update on recent cases surrounding breach of contract, accident on holiday and holiday illness claims
- Take part in three practical exercises which will leave you prepared to handle any claims you receive
- Leave with top tips on how to respond to claims effectively, which could cut your litigation costs
- Network with industry colleagues and share experiences with those in a similar role to you
Travel professionals who are involved in the handling of claims, this event is aimed specifically at tour operators and claims handlers from tour operators’ insurance providers. The event would be useful for the following teams:
- Directors and senior managers
- Legal teams
- Customer service teams
- Claims handling teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities click here.