ABTA’s new one-day event will provide an overview and guide to the definitions and goals surrounding carbon and climate change. Tailored for the travel industry, you will gain an understanding of how climate goals are applied to travel, how businesses are affected and how to use this knowledge to inform your communication strategies.
Sustainability and climate change goals are at the forefront of Government, consumer and businesses minds. Attend this one-day seminar to gain an understanding of how climate change will affect businesses and individuals through learning about key definitions, carbon terminology and climate goals.
Get a basic introduction to the science behind climate change and current climate change goals affecting industries in the UK. Ensure you are up to date on the current carbon landscape, including a recap on the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and travel specific initiatives including The UNWTO Glasgow Declaration. Explore the impact of travel on climate change and how our sector sits alongside all other industries.
Understand key carbon terminology including offsetting, reduction and Carbon Scopes Green House Gas (GHG) Protocol. Consider the impact of the travel industry on carbon emissions and initiatives including biofuels and the role they could play in our sector.
At the end of 2021 the CMA announced it would be publishing a Green Claims Code to protect consumers from misleading environmental claims amidst concerns over ‘greenwashing’. Hear from a travel lawyer on the Green Claims Code and ensure your communication, marketing and product practices are compliant.
Learn about current consumer sentiment towards sustainable travel and explore with industry peers how to communicate carbon effectively for your brand.
Whether just starting on your climate journey, or wanting to broaden knowledge across your organisation, this event is perfect as an overview of the key topics and terminology associated with climate change.
- An introduction to the basic science of climate change
- Climate goals – Paris Agreement, Glasgow Declaration
- Impact of travel on climate change and a comparison to other industries
- Glossary of key terms and definitions
- Carbon offsetting vs reduction
- How the various definitions apply to travel
- Carbon Scopes Green House Gas (GHG) Protocol and travel examples
- Green Claims Code
- Consumer sentiment insights
- Strategies for communicating carbon including travel case studies.
Moderator: Carol Rose, Senior Sustainability Manager, ABTA
Further speakers to be announced including ABTA, carbon and climate experts, travel business representatives and travel lawyers.
- Gain a broad understanding of climate change and the impact of our sector on carbon emissions
- Learn about the key carbon terminology and definitions in order to give you a foundation to build further knowledge
- Understand the tools and support available from ABTA
- Network with and discuss commons challenges with industry peers and sustainability experts
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.