Are you responsible for your company’s business travel risk policy?
Do you add value for your clients by helping them to safeguard their travelling employees and mitigate risk?
In a recent ABTA survey, nearly 60%* of managers expressed concern about health and safety threats to their travelling staff. These include potential security threats, health and medical concerns, harassment or violence against staff, natural disasters and severe weather conditions. The importance of having an effective travel risk policy in place is clear.
Duty of care for travelling employees is a key priority for all organisations, large and small. And risk management provides an opportunity for TMCs to show their value, by advising clients on how to manage risk, handle a major incident, and bring employees home safely.
ABTA’s one day seminar will bring together corporate travel managers, Travel Management Companies (TMCs) and experts in travel security and risk. Whether you are a small or large company, a TMC or a supplier, attend to learn how to put a travel risk plan in place, and how to take it to the next level. Identify, assess and mitigate the risks facing travelling employees and integrate your plan throughout the whole organisation.
*ABTA research on the role of Travel Management Companies, 2018
- Understand risk – geopolitical threats, extreme weather, security, transport, medical, bleisure and the sharing economy
- Implementing and improving your business travel risk management policy
- The legal implications of your duty of care and GDPR
- Engaging employees to help them better manage and communicate risk effectively
- Having a crisis management plan for when things go wrong and minimising the risk of reputational damage
- Best practice solutions including technology and traveller tracking, medical assistance, pre-trip briefings and training
- Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- Julie Jones, Senior Member Services Manager, ABTA
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Adrian Parkes, CEO, GTMC
- William Sandover, Chair, GBTA Risk Committee
- Carolyn Pearson, CEO, Maiden Voyage
- John O'Sullivan, Group Marketing Director, Key Travel
- Adam Knights, UK Managing Director, ATPI
- Amanda Taylor, Head of Travel, Lush
- Matt Gatenby, Partner, Travlaw
- Farina Azam, Partner, Travlaw
- Amy Clark, Security Operations Manager, PwC
- Tony McGetrick, Sales Director UK & Ireland, BCD Travel
- Dom Chester, Head of Risk Consulting, Drum Cussac
- Brandon Thompson, Managing Director, Drum Cussac
- Understand emerging risks and threats for business travellers and how to mitigate against them
- Hear real-life industry examples from leading TMCs, travel managers and travel risk experts
- Tailored advice for small companies on how to improve risk policies and procedures
- Advice for larger organisations on how to take your travel risk management plan to the next level
- Demonstrate you have exercised full duty of care in relation to your corporate travellers
- Network with TMCs, corporate buyers and suppliers who can help you to assess your risk
The event is ideal for Travel Management Companies, Travel Security and Risk Management specialists and those responsible for corporate travel or deploying overseas staff within their organisation, including:
Risk management teams
CEOs and Directors
Corporate travel management teams
HR and occupational health teams
PR and communications teams
Procurement and purchasing teams, travel buying teams
Travel security, insurance and risk management specialists.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £225 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £345 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Drum Cussac is a global consultancy delivering intelligence-led, technology-enabled risk, security and crisis management solutions to leading international organisations. Our specialist operations teams are recognised experts in providing a highly responsive and proactive resource in challenging and demanding situations.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.