Join ABTA for a timely update on the priorities for the travel industry as we move into the next phase of Brexit, with a particular focus on immigration and skills. This evening briefing is free to attend for ABTA Members and attendance is recommended for senior managers, policy or public affairs teams and those in operational, workforce and senior HR roles.
At the event, ABTA will be launching a report ‘Securing the Future: how travel and tourism can attract the talent needed to sustain success’, which will reveal the industry’s workforce footprint and identify what the travel and tourism industry needs from a future immigration regime, and UK-EU trade deal.
Hear views from Government and industry on what the future of the travel workforce might look like, and discuss the broader challenges to employment now that the UK is leaving the EU. Hear travel sector perspectives on posted workers after Brexit. Discuss the importance of labour mobility in travel and hospitality, including the visas and permits needed to work abroad after we leave the EU.
Non-UK workers are key to the success of the UK travel industry. Understand the important part that immigration plays in ensuring the industry has the workforce it needs. Discuss Brexit and the domestic skills agenda for 2020 with senior travel and tourism colleagues.
Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
Victoria leads ABTA’s communications, marketing, events and business development teams, in her role as Director of Brand and Business Development. Victoria joined ABTA from Future plc, a global consumer media company, where she was Head of Group Communications. Previously she held senior in-house roles at BP plc and Kimberly-Clark plc. She spent her earlier career at corporate communications consultancies Hill & Knowlton and Fishburn Hedges. Victoria is an experienced conference moderator and regular judge at the Travel Marketing Awards.
- Mark Tanzer, Chief Executive, ABTA
- Luke Petherbridge, Head of Public Affairs, ABTA
- Kurt Janson, Director, Tourism Alliance
- Joss Croft, CEO, UKinbound
- Vicki Wolf, Education Partnerships Manager, ABTA
- Caroline Kitcher, HR Director, TUI UK & Ireland
- Nicola Heaslip, Group HR Director, Specialist Leisure Group
- Stephen Bostock, Partner, Mishcon de Reya
- John Guthrie, Employment Policy Advisor, UKHospitality
- Charles Owen, Managing Director, Seasonal Business in Travel (SbiT)
A Government representative will be announced shortly.
- Hear about ABTA’s lobbying priorities for Brexit including labour mobility and the future immigration regime
- Take the opportunity to question ABTA, Government, industry and legal representatives
- Be the first to receive a copy of ABTA’s new ‘Securing the Future' report on what travel and tourism needs from a future trade deal, and revised UK immigration regime
- Hear insights into the Government’s plans for immigration and the Tourism Sector Deal
- Discuss the wider skills challenges facing the industry today.
ABTA Members and Partners are invited to attend the event free of charge*. Places are strictly limited to two per Member and pre-registration is required.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. There is a non-Member attendance fee of £150 plus VAT
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
*Places are complimentary for ABTA Members and Partners but we ask that you give at least 24 hours notice if you wish to cancel your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who fail to attend on the night may not be eligible for complimentary places at future ABTA Conferences and Events.