What does the travel industry need from a future relationship between the EU and the UK? What is the growth potential for outbound travel?
As the UK and EU prepare to turn their attention to negotiations on a future trading relationship, ABTA’s briefing will provide an update on the health of the industry today, and explore the policy priorities that will ensure the success of the UK travel industry into the future.
- Where are we now with the political process for Brexit? What are the possible scenarios and what will they mean for your travel business?
- How can the right policy and tax framework from Government help to boost customer confidence and ensure growth in outbound travel?
Join senior colleagues from across the travel, aviation, transport and domestic tourism industries to hear about the future challenges and opportunities for travel. Take away insights on trends in overseas travel and ABTA’s latest report on the value of outbound travel to the UK economy.
- Moderator: Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- Susannah Storey, Director General, DExEU
- Mark Tanzer, Chief Executive, ABTA
- Luke Petherbridge, Head of Public Affairs, ABTA
- Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Andrew Gray, Partner, PwC and Chair of PwC UK's Brexit Steering Committee
- Paul Carter, CEO, Hotelplan UK
- Christophe Mathieu, CEO, Brittany Ferries
- Deirdre Wells, Chair, Tourism Alliance
- Hear an update from the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) as well as insights from ABTA and representatives from the travel industry
- Consider the potential scenarios for Britain exiting the EU and understand the impacts on your travel business
- Raise awareness of the priorities for travel businesses in a future relationship with the EU
- Understand the latest economic forecasts for travel and receive a copy of ABTA’s 2019 report, Driving Growth: The Economic Value of Outbound Travel (research carried out by Centre for economic and business research Cebr).
ABTA Members and Partners are invited to attend the event free of charge*. Places are strictly limited and pre-registration is required.
Non-Members are welcome. There is a non-Member attendance fee of £150 plus VAT
*To qualify for a complimentary ABTA Member/Partner rate you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
*Places are complimentary for ABTA Members and Partners but we ask that you give at least 24 hours notice if you wish to cancel your place. Please email email@example.com. Those who fail to attend on the night may not be eligible for complimentary places at future ABTA Conferences and Events.
The PwC travel advisory team works in many different industries, 149 countries and with companies of all sizes. Our network means we share thinking and solutions to bring fresh perspectives and practical advice. We pride ourselves on understanding your business and bringing this best practice to you. In travel we have a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements of the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) under ATOL, and the requirements of ABTA and IATA. We also specialise in the application of VAT in all travel related business models, including the Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS) where applicable.
Our services include:
- Audit & tax
- Transaction services
- Corporate finance (raising finance, buying and/or selling a travel business)
- Performance improvement consulting (finding cost savings/optimising operations)
- Business restructuring and insolvency (assisting companies facing financial challenges e.g. finding new finance/exit their business)
- Forensics (accounts investigation, e.g. to uncover fraud).
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities click here.