The effective contracting, marketing and selling of holidays and travel services requires a good understanding of the law. You can put your business at risk if you get it wrong.
2018 is a year of major regulatory change for the travel industry. Understand what the new Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 mean for your business. What adjustments do you need to make and how will your liabilities change?
ABTA’s core-skills workshop is aimed at travel industry professionals who require a basic understanding of travel law. This practical one-day seminar provides a comprehensive, introductory-level overview of key legal issues, including contracting in light of the new regulations, GDPR, claims handling and compensation and delay.
- The legal landscape for UK travel – new Package Travel and ATOL Regulations
- Contracting basics
- Updating your customer booking conditions
- Consumer law and how it applies to the marketing and selling of holidays
- Changes, cancellation and delay – your obligations to your customers
- Data protection and GDPR
- Common claims affecting the travel industry, including personal injury and gastric illness
- Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Partner, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Farina Azam, Partner, Travlaw
- Darren Hutton, International Litigation Manager, RCL Cruises
- Hear an update on the legal landscape for travel
- Get valuable guidance on contracting and the law
- Hear real world examples and case studies
- Ask for expert advice on specific cases during the legal surgery session
- Network with peers and hear about the legal issues your industry colleagues are facing
The event is ideal for anyone working in travel, including small and large companies:
- Directors and senior managers
- Compliance and operations specialists
- Those who have legal responsibilities as part of their role.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.