ABTA’s popular training day returns in February 2024.
Attend this comprehensive training day to gain a basic understanding of travel law. Discover how to protect your business by staying on top of regulatory changes and learn how current legislation applies to travel businesses. Hear the latest advice from ABTA and legal experts.
The effective contracting, marketing and selling of holidays and travel services requires a good understanding of the law. Attending this practical day will provide you with a sound introduction to travel law and an overview of the key legal issues for travel.
- Are you aware of your liabilities under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018?
- Are you up to date on the ATOL scheme, consumer law and data protection?
- Are you confident that your contracts and paperwork are fit for purpose?
- Do you understand the steps to take to protect your business from claims and costly fines?
Attend for a comprehensive, yet introductory-level overview of these issues and more.
- The legal landscape for UK travel and overview of the Package Travel (PTRs) and ATOL Regulations
- Contracting basics, agency agreements and contracting with consumers
- Handling customer claims, delayed flight and personal injury claims
- Data protection in travel
- Changes, cancellation and delay, how to handle booking changes and passenger protection.
Moderator: Matt Gatenby, Senior Partner, Travlaw
Matt is Senior Partner at Travlaw, with over 19 years of experience in the travel law industry.
Friendly and approachable, Matt is proud to serve a vast array of tour operators, travel agents, trade associations, insurers and their underwriters. His skill-set encompasses all types of travel law work, with a specialism in high value litigation and cross border disputes.
A popular trainer and speaker, Matt is often asked to deliver in house seminars, appear on panel debates. In addition to the many events Travlaw puts Matt has also spoken many times in the UK and abroad at conferences including ABTA Legal, PEOPIL, ECC-NET, GTOA, AITO, UKInbound, the Clarity Travel Management conference as well as more law centric events such as the International Bar Association (IBA) Global conference.
Matt also contributes to various publications including Travel Law Quarterly and Solicitors Journal. He has blogged on various issues, featured in various newsletters and has commented on industry issues in the trade press.
See www.Travlaw.co.uk for more on the thought leadership Matt and the team at Travlaw bring to the industry as part of their trusted advisor status.
- Krystene Bousfield, Partner, Travlaw
- Conor Askins, Paralegal, Travlaw
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- Georgina Hunt, Senior Executive – Legal Operations, Kuoni
- Get a recap on all regulations introduced in 2018 and ensure your business is legally compliant
- Ensure you are providing the correct information to customers
- Gain insight into common legal matters and what to do when they arise
- Hear real world case studies and network with peers
- Put your questions to the experts.
The event is ideal for anyone working in the travel industry including large and SME businesses needing a basic understanding of travel law.
ABTA member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
This includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day, all delegate materials, presentations and an attendee certificate.
Make payment by credit or debit card.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
- Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
- If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw Legal Services Limited are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
For information on how to promote your company at this event, please contact Matt Turton on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.