ABTA’s one-day seminar takes a practical look at how the travel industry can invest in apprenticeships to future-proof workforces in companies, big or small. Learn about future funding for apprenticeships, potential changes to the levy and the impact of Brexit and the new Tourism Sector Deal.
Nearly three years on from the introduction of The Apprenticeship Levy, ABTA’s seminar will provide an update on the latest changes affecting apprenticeship schemes and the benefits of introducing or developing existing apprenticeship programmes within your organisation. Hear from The Travel Skills & Quality Board, ABTA, industry and other key skills experts.
Gain first hand advice from the experts and existing apprenticeship employers on how to establish a successful apprenticeship programme in both levy and non-levy paying organisations. From choosing a training provider, to meeting off the job training requirements, attracting and retaining the best talent and preparing your apprentices for end point assessments, this seminar will provide all you need to know in order to establish successful apprenticeship schemes.
Learn how to upskill existing staff with apprenticeships and discover progress made with the new Higher and Degree Apprenticeships to plug the skills gaps within your organisation.
Participate in a panel discussion about different types of training provisions and how to establish effective partnerships between education providers and employers. Use the opportunity to learn from existing and past apprentices about the benefits and challenges of apprentice programmes.
- What’s next for apprenticeships – T-levels, impact of the Tourism Sector Deal, transferring levy funds
- Skills funding update and assessing funding options for SMEs
- The practicalities of setting up and developing your apprenticeship programme: qualifications, assessment and evidencing progress
- Aviation update – the new pilot apprenticeships
- Achieving the 20% off the job training requirement
- Choosing your training delivery mechanisms
- Promoting your apprenticeship scheme to get the best candidate
- Engaging with end point assessment organisations
- Retraining and developing existing staff through internal apprenticeships
- Practicalities of higher and degree level apprenticeships
- Moderator: Vicki Wolf, Education Manager, ABTA and Member, The Travel Skills & Quality Board
- Sandra Kelly, UK Skills and Policy Director, People 1st
- Carole Hodgson, Apprenticeship Delivery Manager, Hays Travel
- Albie Liddiard, Apprenticeships and Skills Manager, Virgin Atlantic
- Nathalie Hinds, Manager, Degree Apprenticeship Programmes, University of Surrey
- Celeste Jones, Academic Manager – CMDA and Head of Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management, University of Hertfordshire
- Alison Carpenter, Director of Corporate Travel – England and Wales, Traveleads
- Julia Assock, Head of People Development, People & Culture, Dnata
- Megan Skelson, Apprentice, Reed & Mackay
Further speakers to be announced shortly
- Learn how integrating apprenticeships can add value to your business
- Get the latest on the policy and legislation updates impacting apprenticeships and be prepared for future changes
- Hear real-life examples from employers running apprenticeship programmes and from apprentices undertaking them
- Network with peers and hear how other companies are meeting the challenges of embedding apprenticeship programmes within their businesses
This event is relevant to all those working in travel, tourism and aviation who have responsibility for apprenticeships, including:
- Directors and senior managers
- HR managers and directors
- Training and development managers
- Marketing and communications teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Damar Training is a leading apprenticeship provider, currently working with over 1,500 apprentices at 350+ employers. In most cases, our apprentices are working in office or customer-facing environments. In addition to the travel consultant apprenticeship, we offer apprenticeships in areas including customer service, administration, management, law and accountancy. Our objective is simple – to help our partner employers become more successful by improving the skills and productivity of their people. Damar is proud to have been involved with the travel consultant apprenticeship from the outset and has been delivering it since its 2016 launch.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.