ABTA’s new Adventure Travel Conference will look at the trends and challenges associated with one of the fastest growing sectors in the travel industry.
Attend to hear the latest destination, traveller and product trends and stay one step ahead of your competitors. Learn how the travel industry can work together to sustainably safeguard and develop destinations and local communities. Discuss how to mitigate your business against specific risks facing the adventure travel sector including over-tourism, global political and economic risks and safety during adventure experiences.
The growth in experiential and adventure travel is not slowing down. Customers continue to request more experience-led and immersive travel experiences, and an increase in consumer awareness around sustainability and responsible tourism has led to the demand for more meaningful travel experiences. They are seeking experiences that resonate with them on a personal level and to connect with local cultures in destination.
Travel companies must ensure that they are continuously innovating their product offering and marketing strategies to meet this demand alongside other key emerging adventure trends including health and wellbeing activities, solo travel and cruise expeditions.
Learn how to effectively tailor your branding, marketing and sales to understand, inspire and connect with adventure travellers and the growing demand for experiential travel.
Taking place directly after the conference from 16.30-18.00, will be ATTA’s AdventureConnect. Take the opportunity to learn more about ATTA, network with industry experts, conference delegates and speakers. Exchange thoughts and ideas and participate in insightful discussions. Register your place here.
- Defining the adventure travel industry and understanding the adventure travel consumer
- Sustainable and responsible travel considerations for adventure products
- Hot destinations, experiences and activities
- Product trends – the rise in solo travel, expedition cruising, slow adventure experiences and adventure travel for PRMs
- Segmenting the adventure travel market and tailoring your marketing to appeal to the wants and needs of different travellers
- Developing content to appeal to the adventure traveller and how to align your brand with the adventure travel industry
- The role travel agents play in selling adventure travel
- Adventure travel risk management
- Moderator: Giles Hawke, Chief Executive, Cosmos, and former Chair, The Association of Touring and Adventure Suppliers (ATAS)
- Milena Nikolova, Director, Knowledge and Education, Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA)
- Lisa McAuley, Managing Director Tour Operations B2B, Dnata Travel Europe, Gold Medal & Travel 2
- Ant Stone, Director of Marketing UK & Ireland, G Adventures
- Elspeth Knight, Director, EnCompass
- Owen Denton, Head of Operations, Tucan Travel
- Clare Jenkinson, Senior Destinations & Sustainability Manager, ABTA
- James Lawrence MSc, Director, Peregrine Risk Management
- John Corellis, Business Strategist, Accord Marketing
- Anthony Daniels, General Manager, UK & Ireland, Hurtigruten
- Rachel McCaffery, Senior Advisor – Global Responsible Travel, G Adventures
- Liesa Bissett, Product and Operations Director, Just You and Travelsphere
- Sarah Weetman, Head of Sales, Just You and Travelsphere
- Mladen Ljubišić, Head of Tourism UK and Ireland, Slovenian Tourist Board
- Jenny Southan, Founder, Globetrender
Additional speakers will be announced shortly including marketing and sustainability experts, tour operators and travel agency representatives selling adventure travel products.
- Understand who the adventure traveller is in order to effectively reach and engage with new and existing customers
- Hear from the tour guides and expedition leaders who are experiencing first-hand the fastest growing destination and product trends for adventure travellers
- Safeguard your business against the challenges facing the adventure travel industry including sustainability and responsible travel issues
- Take away practical insights into how to market and promote your brand to the adventure travel sector
- Network with travel agents and tour operators who sell holidays to the adventure travel market
The event is ideal for tour operators, travel agents and key industry partners such as airlines, train operators, hotels and tourist boards including:
- Managing directors, executive directors and senior managers
- Adventure travel specialist teams
- Tour managers and group tour organisers
- Marketing, product and sales teams
- Customer services, operations and legal teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £255 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £375 plus VAT
A limited number of complimentary places are available for travel agents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, with offices in London, Manchester and Devon, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, leisure and hospitality. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up. From initial strategy, through to branding and positioning, demographic targeting and campaign planning, it’s our job to brilliantly blend creativity, content, innovation and meaningful insights.
For more information on Accord, visit: accordmarketing.com
Founded in 1990 by social entrepreneur Bruce Poon Tip, G Adventures is a small group adventure travel operator offering more than 750 tours in 100 countries, on all seven continents. G Adventures’ award-winning trips support local communities, giving travellers meaningful experiences with people, cultures, landscapes and wildlife, while offering them the freedom and flexibility to explore on their own. G Adventures’ responsible approach to travel is demonstrated through its ‘G for Good’ social impact initiatives, which include travel guidelines for children, wildlife and Indigenous people, community-based social enterprise projects travellers can experience on a trip, and its industry-leading ‘Ripple Score’ assessment which measures how many traveller dollars stay in the local economy. G Adventures offers life-changing tours for individuals of all ages, interests and budgets ranging from youth travel, expedition trips to the polar regions and wellness focused adventures to National Geographic Journeys tours - an exclusive collection of tours curated in partnership with National Geographic Expeditions. www.gadventures.com
Hurtigruten offer unforgettable voyages from pole to pole, on intimate ships that bring you closer to the communities and environments you visit. From the magnificent Norwegian fjords to the ice-filled bays of Antarctica, Hurtigruten takes you beyond conventional cruises and into the realms of expedition cruising, where environmental and ice conditions dictate our ultimate itinerary and travel experience.
Our voyages allow guests to fully immerse themselves in a vast range of nature, cultures and wildlife, whilst travelling through breath-taking pristine surroundings. The voyages are very much destination and self-development focused, with informal lectures led by the on-board expedition teams at the very heart of Hurtigruten.
Just You’s collection of worldwide holidays has been designed exclusively for solo travellers. From short breaks to epic journeys, customers travelling with Just You discover fascinating cities, spectacular scenery and fabulous sightseeing in the company of other solo travellers. With Just You there are no hidden extras, value for money is assured and Just You is there for its customers from the very start to the very end of their holiday. Just You also offers unrivalled customer promises including guaranteed departures, a guaranteed price promise, a price match guarantee and always rewards loyalty. Just You has been taking independent travellers to destinations all over the world for more than 10 years. There is so much included in a Just You holiday, flights, accommodation, breakfast on all tours and amazing Tour Managers come as standard Just You also includes fantastic excursions to all the must-see sites, as well as optional excursions offering the flexibility to choose.
Founded in 2001 we are a UK based email and website Marketing Automation provider. We help travel companies recover, re-engage, and inspire consumers at the moments that matter. Our unique combination of best of breed technology and our email maturity model allows us to work with travel marketers to take them on a journey of improving results through implementing cutting edge strategic campaigns. We work with over 1000 brands including Blue Bay Travel, Park Holidays, Lake District Hotels and Visit Blackpool.
Operating in unknown countries can feel like a step too far for many organisations. Perhaps there's a concern for traveller safety or a lack of confidence in travel safety programmes. We believe that you shouldn't let manageable risks hold you back. Here at Peregrine, we have the right experience and expertise to help our clients feel confident and secure – by, Managing Risk Anywhere, Anytime. Peregrine adopts a comprehensive five step approach to risk management and this methodology enables a holistic approach to risk management. We enable travel not inhibit.
Contact Wayne Britton, Director, 07395 286310, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.peregrine-rm.com
The relaunched ABTA Magazine is a bi-monthly publication with a new size, format and design, distributed to 20,000 ABTA Members and UK travel industry contacts.
With an unrivalled distribution and a renewed focus on industry news, the magazine represents the interests of the entire travel sector. It is the vital publication for those working in the travel industry.
Forming part of a wider portfolio, which includes ABTA Golf, ABTA Guides and the ABTA Handbooks, the magazine provides contains in-depth destination features, analysis, comment, big-name interviews, competitions, games and much more.
Globetrender is an online magazine and trend forecasting agency dedicated to the future of travel.
It specialises in forward-looking, consumer-facing editorial, as well as trend reports, research and consulting services for the travel industry. Globetrender was founded by award-winning travel journalist Jenny Southan in 2015.
In summer 2019, Globetrender formed a joint venture with Waterfront Publishing, an independent publisher based in central London. It has two in-house magazines, Cruise Adviser and Solus, and also publishes ABTA Magazine, a bi-monthly publication distributed to 17,500 ABTA members and UK travel industry contacts.
In 2017, Globetrender was shortlisted for “Online Consumer Publication of the Year” in the Travel Media Awards.
Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) serves over 1300 members in 100+ countries worldwide. The ATTA is a vital leadership voice and partner for the adventure travel industry around the world.
Members predominantly include tour operators, tourism boards, specialty agents and accommodations with a vested interest in the sustainable development of adventure tourism.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.