This event is now sold out. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
ABTA’s advanced level social media training has been designed for those working in travel who have a good understanding of social media platforms and want to enhance their social media strategy.
Hear fresh approaches to inspire and revamp your current social media strategy in order to stay ahead of your competitors. Develop a further understanding of how to build, maintain and engage an audience on social media.
Ensure you can effectively tailor your content to fit the purpose of each platform. Maximise ROI and make sure you are utilising your data to target the right people.
It’s integral that you understand how social fits into the travel customers purchase journey. Engaging customers whilst they are looking for a holiday plays an important part in your social strategy however it’s key that you maintain the conversation once they’ve purchased too. Encouraging customers to share when they’ve booked with you can result in positive brand awareness.
Communicate with customers post-holiday and respond to reviews on the right channels to motivate customers to re-book and recommend your trips to other travellers.
Attend this practical training day to discover how valuable social influencers can be to your brand. Learn how to choose the right travel influencer to connect with your target audience.
- The social media landscape in 2023 and beyond, and what this means for your business
- The most effective ways of managing your online presence
- How to work with influencers and set up a strategy relevant for your business
- B2B and B2C travel industry case studies
- Building social media into your content marketing strategies including User Generated Content
- Using different platforms to their full potential including Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest.
Moderator: Graeme Buck, Director of Communications, ABTA
Graeme leads ABTA’s external and internal communications, including PR and media relations, marketing communications and brand stewardship. Joining ABTA in 2020, he was previously Head of Communications for Waitrose & Partners. He brings to the role more than 25 years’ experience of working with major organisations.
- Azur Melling, Client Partner, Travel, TikTok
- Ash Rajawat, Senior Partner Manager, Pinterest
- Kieran Shaw, Commercial Director, Trending Travel
- Ronan Gay, Head of Digital, Black Tomato
- Laura Stephen, Head of Brand and Marketing, ABTA
- Chiara Balachandran, Digital Account Director, 8020 Communications
- Amber George, Account Manager, 8020 Communications
- Laura Davies, Senior Account Manager, 8020 Communications
Hear from the following influencers:
- Becky Pennison-Bates, Tiny Travelship
- Jaillan Yehia, SavoirThere.com
Additional speakers will include representatives from different platforms, travel industry and social media experts.
- Receive advanced and in-depth guidance on increasing your social media presence and making the most of your social media channels
- Learn how to effectively measure the results of your social media campaigns
- Master advanced skills including ROI tracking, working with Facebook algorithms and gathering social insights
- Listen to social media experts as well as travel industry organisations on social media best practice
- Network and discuss common challenges with industry peers and social media experts.
This seminar is for travel agents, tour operators and the wider travel industry including:
- Marketing and product teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Directors and senior managers from small business.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £259 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £399 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
8020 Communications is an award-winning strategic communications consultancy for the travel, aviation and mobility industries.
Through PR, digital marketing and deep sector knowledge, 8020 helps its clients outperform – their targets, their competitors, their expectations. 8020’s experience includes every link in the travel supply chain: from tour operators, hospitality and travel services to travel management companies, travel tech vendors and city marketing. 8020’s strategies integrate creative media relations, engaging social media, valued content and digital marketing techniques to target the right customers and generate excitement that builds bookings and sales, with measurable gains in business performance.
For information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Sara Dolan on 07766 517 611 or email email@example.com.