This advanced level social media seminar is for those who have completed ABTA’s Social Media in Travel seminar or have a good understanding of social media platforms.
You will learn the importance of a good social media strategy, both for your customers and your employees. Hear how you can harness the power of your current social media platforms.
Instagram is a place where customers share emotional travel experiences and get inspired by destinations whilst Twitter and Facebook are primarily used for leaving reviews and seeking recommendations from other travellers. Ensure you can effectively tailor your content to fit the purpose of each platform.
It’s integral that you understand how social fits into the travel customers purchase journey. Engaging customers whilst they are looking for a holiday plays an important part in your social strategy however it’s key that you maintain the conversation once they’ve purchased too. Encouraging customers to share when they’ve booked with you can result in positive brand awareness. Do you have a strategy for using social to communicate with customers post-holiday? This can motivate customers to book with you again and recommend your trips to other travellers.
Listen to discussion on how valuable social influencers can be to your brand. Learn how to choose the right travel influencer to connect with your target audience. Get guidance on the new CMA guidelines for working with influencers.
Hear fresh approaches to inspire and revamp your current social media strategy in order to stay ahead of your competitors. Develop a further understanding of how to build, maintain and engage an audience on social media.
- The social media landscape in 2019 and beyond, and what this means for your business
- The most effective ways of managing your online presence
- Reputation and risk management – your social media strategy including the do's and don'ts under GDPR
- How to set up an influencer strategy relevant for your business
- B2B and B2C travel industry case studies
- Building social media into your content marketing strategies including User Generated Content
- Using Instagram to its full potential – understanding Instagram stories and IGTV
- Moderator: Andy Headington, CEO, Adido
- Drusilla Bryan, Managing Director, Gosh PR
- Sorcha Diggin, Travel Account Manager, Facebook and Instagram
- Lottie Norman, Head of Content, Contiki
- John Birch, Digital Marketing Executive, Advantage Travel Partnership
- Barry Johnston, Account Director, Gosh PR
- Robin Brooks, Paid Social Media Manager, Adido
- Rachel Flynn, Global Head of Digital, Topdeck Travel (Global Touring)
- Kim Leuenberger, Travel Content Creator
- Receive advanced and in-depth guidance on making the most of your social media channels
- Learn how to effectively measure the results of your social media campaigns
- Understand what the Competition and Markets Authority's new influencer guidelines mean for your travel business
- Master advanced skills including ROI tracking, working with Facebook algorithms and gathering social insights
- Listen to social media experts as well as travel industry organisations on social media best practice
This seminar is for travel agents, tour operators and the wider travel industry including:
- Marketing and product teams
- Digital marketing and social media teams
- Directors and senior managers from small business.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
At Adido we deliver strategic and performance driven digital marketing campaigns based on insights, knowledge and experience. In a saturated market, there are many challenges for businesses within the travel sector, from smoothing your booking curve, attracting loyal customers to fill your shoulder months, increasing direct bookings, engaging your valuable travel agent partners, or decreasing the frustration of high abandon rates.We pride ourselves on always being at the forefront of our specialism by constantly developing our digital knowledge within all areas of digital marketing, so our clients benefit by staying ahead of the competition.
Get in touch with our team on: firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 1202 586 300
Gosh PR believes that tourism broadens horizons and deepens our understanding of the world. Based in central London and founded in 2005, Gosh PR is an independently owned, boutique agency, providing highly responsive service through a closely-knit team that is small enough to be nimble but large enough to provide a wide range of in-house services. As a communicator for large and small travel & tourism brands, we evolved from a specialist travel and tourism public relations agency into a marketing communications company. Our clients benefit from our expertise on public relations, social media management, content creation, influencer relations & influencer marketing – we currently work with around 70 influencers a year and counting.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.