This practical one-day seminar has been updated to provide detailed guidance on how to ensure health and safety standards are met across the travel products you sell, including accommodation, transport, excursions, tours and experiences.
The course is tailored for travel industry professionals who have a good understanding of the basics of health and safety and want to develop their knowledge further.
We are pleased to offer a 20% discount if you book the Advanced Health and Safety Seminar and ABTA's Introduction to Health and Safety Auditing in Travel workshop, taking place the day after, on 14 November. Please email email@example.com to get your 20% discount code before you register online.
Learn how to work with your suppliers to reduce risks and identify and manage defects. Learn how to use safety information to ensure due diligence and understand how best to share information internally. Get the latest update on the legal framework and your legal obligations under the 2018 Package Travel Regulations. Learn how to develop a suitable safety management system for your business and hear about the practical steps you can take when incidents occur.
This year, there will be a specific focus on the role of a witness in litigation and inquiries. Understand rules relating to witnesses, different types of witnesses and take part in an interactive practical exercise on preparing to give evidence in court.
Hear from ABTA, legal experts, health and safety specialists and a range of travel industry speakers who will delve further into priority issues within health and safety management. Hear how other travel companies have dealt with specific incidents and discuss common issues with industry peers.
Listen to an adventure travel case study and ensure health and safety standards are met while working with DMCs to operate specialist tours and experiences.
- Your legal obligations under the 2018 Package Travel Regulations
- Establishing a suitable safety management system for your business
- Ensuring contractual arrangements with suppliers are suitable
- Working with bedbanks, ground agents and DMCs on health and safety
- Adventure travel and tours: how to ensure health and safety standards are met
- Selling a product in line with your insurance requirements
- Practical steps to take in the short and long-term when things go wrong
- The role of a witness in litigation and enquiries, and preparing to give evidence in court
- Evidence gathering – working with suppliers to reduce risks and defects
- Moderator: Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Mike James, Product and Operations Director, Exodus
- Paul Bennett, Health and Safety Manager, Virgin Holidays
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Charles Martin, Partner, Kennedys
- Danny McShee, Partner, Kennedys
- Terry Auld, Consultant, Preverisk
- Dr Esteban Delgado, Chairman and Technical Director, Preverisk
Additional speakers will be announced shortly.
- Build and update your knowledge of health and safety management
- Develop and improve your business' health and safety policy document
- Ensure regulatory compliance under the 2018 Package Travel Regulations
- Learn from industry speakers who will share their experiences of working with bedbank providers, ground agents and DMCs
- Deepen your understanding of evidence gathering and the role of lay and expert witnesses
- Network with industry colleagues and share best practice ideas
The seminar is open to ABTA Members, ABTA Partners and the wider travel community. The seminar will appeal to anyone in travel who has responsibility for destinations and customer health and safety including:
- MDs, directors and senior managers
- Health and safety teams
- Operations teams
- Product and destinations teams
- Risk and crisis management teams
- Legal teams
- Customer care teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £235 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £355 plus VAT
Get 20% off when you book the Advanced Health and Safety Seminar and ABTA's Introduction to Health and Safety Auditing workshop, taking place the next day on 14 November. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online.)
If you are looking to book for a larger group please contact email@example.com for a bespoke discount.
Please note discounts cannot be combined.
Non-Members are welcome to attend. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Make payment by credit or debit card. UK VAT will be applied. ABTA Members can also request an invoice.
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
With 15 years’ experience and over 600 clients, Preverisk is a leading provider of Health & Safety solutions to the travel and tourism sector. We provide expert Health & Safety services to tour operators, OTAs, bed banks and DMCs, and carry out 20,000 Health & Safety Questionnaires (HSQs) each year worldwide. We have offices in 4 continents, audit in 9 different languages, and are adept with the assessment of all supplier types (accommodations, transfers and excursions). Our innovative audit and analytics technology, App4Check, supports us and is one of the leading tools of its type in the world (www.app4check.com).
Our strong background in public health and tourism has allowed us to further specialise in Safety Management Systems, physical audits and training programmes.
In addition to Health & Safety questionnaire programmes, we conduct 9,000 physical audits (across 25 countries) and train over 30,000 industry professionals each year. Alongside our Health & Safety work, Preverisk also provides industry-leading services in sustainability, customer experience and quality improvement, claims management, animal welfare, food allergen control and other specialist areas.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.