This course is now full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the waiting list.
You may be interested in our other health and safety training courses:
- Gas Safety Management Training, 21 January, London
- Principles of Fire Safety in Travel, 18 March, London
- Hurricane Safety Training, 29 April, London
This two-day training course offers practical advice on the prevention of Legionnaires' disease in tourist establishments.
Travel associated Legionnaires' disease incidents are regarded as one of the most serious problems that any hotel can face. In this sense, a legionellosis prevention plan is an essential part of any Safety Management System.
This training course will provide guidance and support on how to get started with prevention and control of Legionnaires’ disease in accommodation sites. Tailored for health and safety professionals within the travel industry, this theoretical-practical seminar provides the essentials for identifying risk factors that can favour Legionella persistence and proliferation in the different water systems of hotels. Get guidance on how to minimise the risk of infections and explore best practice for dealing with incidents.
- Principles of Legionellosis prevention
- Legionella Risk Assessments in hotels: moving from theory to practice
- Assessing compliance with the 15-point plan
- Desktop risk assessments: purpose and limitations
- ELDSNet and ESGLI: who they are and what they do
- Practical case studies
- Taking place at the Sandman Gatwick hotel, you will have the chance to inspect hotel facilities and deliver a practical risk assessment of the different water systems of the hotel
- Get practical and implementable guidance in the field of Legionella prevention and control
- Take part in a practical risk assessment exercise, including an inspection of facilities at the hotel
- Industry case studies – learn from the expert
- Discuss with your industry colleagues your policies and procedures and learn how to improve them
The event is ideal for those responsible for health and safety including:
- Health and safety teams
- Operations managers
- Crisis and incident managers
- Risk management personnel.
Dr Sebastian Crespi is a specialist consultant in laboratory medicine. He is currently the chair of Biolinea Int., a company that provides an international consultancy service for public health in tourism worldwide.
He has served as a member of World Health Organization expert groups on Legionella, which prepared the guidelines for the quality of drinking water and the book “Legionella and the prevention of legionellosis”. He has been invited by ECDC (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control) on different occasions as both an expert and tutor for consultation and training. He has been a TAIEX expert (surveillance and control of communicable diseases) for the European Commission. He is a co-author of the 'European Guidelines for the prevention, control and investigation, of infections caused by Legionella species'. Finally, he has been the leading author of the sections water management and Legionnaires’ disease of the ABTA Health & Safety Technical Guide.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner* rate – £399 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £499 plus VAT
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.